Saturday 5 October 2013

One week after....


It's now 5:30pm and this is about the time last Saturday I came out of recovery and onto the ward, so it's one week after the op!

So much to be grateful for,
especially that the tumour was discovered at all,
I'm the other side of a successful operation,
it remained a keyhole procedure when the surgeon had warned me the odds had risen to 50/50 that it may end up an open procedure,
grateful too that I didn't suffer the dreadful shoulder pain I'd been warned about that's caused by the gasses they fill you with during surgery,
nor did I suffer the constipation that often is a problem from taking all the post-op pain relief.
What a lucky lucky girl I am!!!

So now it's up to me, trying to stay totally positive, trying to move about in short slow bursts and resting lots too…....but ok I'm bloody human AND IT'S REALLY REALLY SORE!
.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Xxxx (((Mumb)))

MumB / @mumbosh said...

<3

Hannah said...

Lots of wonderful signs of sucess and recovery. I hope the soreness eases soon xx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Hannah x