....that actually took ages from start to finish although most of the time was me going off to do other things while thinking it through. I knew what I wanted just didn't know how to get there.
So I started with measuring the space it need to fit, then I found that the supermarket cartoon was near enough.
Because of the size I moved my machine onto the ironing board into the middle of the room, and added a pile of books to extend the footplate to support the thing so it wouldn't bend, and I had to stand for best reach. Very hard to control and a very wavy machine line but it got the job done.
Next dilemma was how to attach the chunky wool cross strands, which were poked through to the back and knotted off in twos apart from the four corners which had buttons for anchorage. Four more buttons to secure the central diamond and it was done!
And we now have a very useful notice board in the hall with the fabric matching in well with our bright pink walls.