Saturday 14 August 2010

Scotland holiday - day 2

Tuesday 10 August

Our hotel room had a very high bath which I was reluctant to climb in and out of with my sore toe, so I asked hubby to get the shower head down so I could wash my hair. I carefully laid it pointing down then reached across to activate the button and whoosh.....I was now soaked and couldn't avoid the giant fountain which came high enough to hit the ceiling! I guess the shower head had spun round but all I could do was hold up a towel in front of me and shout for hubby! We did laugh a lot but he must despair and think "What she done now?"

After breakfast and checking out of our room we were back on the road. As English Heritage members I was looking out for the logo on all the brown local interest road signs and so we headed to Pickering Castle which entertained us for about half an hour. Back at the car we made a quick cup of tea and checked emails etc on the laptop with out mobile internet connection (so clever) then back on the road heading up to Scotland and our friends checking out at least three more supermarkets on the way, but no paprika!

We arrived at FriendA's about 6:30pm ish and said hi to her chap K and also to FriendE and her granddaughterJ who are also staying. Dinner and eventually very late to bed with lots of talk of early up the next day to catch the tide to go razor clam hunting! We were on the day bed in the lounge.
.

No comments: