Sunday 29 August 2010

Catching up with the past....

Over a week ago I met BestFriendM for lunch, she still works at the little fishing hamlet where she'd bought a house some years ago. I used to be down there a lot and love the place. On the river with a beach, boat yard, sailing club and two pubs! Since my friend moved in with her boyfriend into the town I rarely have a reason to go down to the water's edge so it was great to meet her at work for lunch. The sun was shining and it was very warm so we went across on the small foot ferry and had freshly smoked prawns in the cafe, then all too soon it was the ferry back and she had to go back to work.

Last Thursday evening I met up with FriendD, we hadn't seen each other for nearly 14 years! I'd made contact with her again on facebook and she was thrilled that I had. We went out for a meal and although we had a lot to catch up on, each other's lives and what our children and now grandchildren were doing, it was just like old times!

Friday night to Saturday lunchtime was spent with FriendH, who I've known from school days! These days we have a regular catch-up of me driving to hers (about 50 miles) and sleeping over because we talk till gone 3am then a few hours sleep then starting the morning with more chat until I drag myself away around lunchtime. I say regular as it's always two visits a year six months apart!

And today hubby and I had a house full, DarlingDaughter, Sool, and my three fabulous grandchildren, plus NeiceL, her hubby, two children and their dog. Big dinner,bike riding and walking the dog to the park where we all got wet, tea and cakes, jigsaws, scrabble and watching TV......a lovely day!
.

No comments: