Monday 22 October 2012

Excuse me for butting in....


Sometimes when I'm reading blogs I'm never sure if it's polite or not to comment. Of course there are the few blogs of people I know well and that's just like having a conversation with them...but then there are the blogs you have picked up along the way and then I can feel like the lonely person at a party, eavesdropping on a group having a great chat and should I or shouldn't I push myself forward to join in?

Strangers can be friends we haven't met yet, so they say! And of course if you've written words that are published in a public domain then you obviously want readers and responses, right? So I have and the authors always seemed pleased that I have. But what about friends of my friends, would they feel I was muscling in on their friendships? Oh the moral dilemmas!!! Guess I'm making far too much of this eh?

So for me this space is often just a diary so I remember, sometimes it's more like a letter to a friend but always it hopes to welcome you when you pop in and say hello.
.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love comments :-). I don't look at stats or anything so sometimes feel no one is reading at all! Which is fine, I blog only for me really but it is lovely to know others pop in from time to time!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for saying hi. xx

Hannah said...

I feel like this sometimes, too. I especially struggled with some home ed blogs when I first started out because they seemed so very personal and the people commenting were a tight-knit group. Also, some blogs get so many comments that it makes me wonder what the point is - will it just get lost among the sea of people speaking?

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes that's it Hannah, but then sometimes I comment and they reply and visit my blog and comment and suddenly I've met a lovely blogger like you and we are now e-friends having a chat :) xx