Saturday 9 May 2020

Together In Isolation (part eight)......


Saturday 2nd May, yes May already and the whole of April just part of the 42 days I've already been at home (except for that one trip out to the hospital).

I'm getting a bit bored with walking round the garden so today we dusted off the WiiFit and renewed all the controller batteries and did mostly yoga and balance stuff and Hubby included some aerobics.
It told me it had been 1,999 days since my last workout hahaha

I've wanted to see this film for quite a while but only ever found it on pay per view but tonight we found it on Netflix
"John and Ella Spencer decide to embark on one last unforgettable road trip to the Hemingway House in Florida after learning about their fatal illnesses."
It's moving, funny in places, a believable story, all at the same time, but actually a bit bland.

Hubby got the click and collect from Sainsbury and when Daughter came to pick up what she'd ordered she brought me a dozen eggs and a banana loaf gift she'd made,
and it's yummy. O came as well this time to get some exercise with the dog and it was so lovely to see him, and he was all dressed up with shirt,  jacket, bow tie and braces and he'd let his big sister R give him a hair cut.

Finally I remembered to put caraway seeds on the shopping list. So now I can make soda bread similar to my favourite rye bread mmmmmmm


There have been four neighbour's gatherings (not leaving our own driveways of course) this week. Monday 10:30am for coffee morning chat, Wednesday 11am exercise half hour with neighbourS guiding us all but always open to suggestions, Thursday 8pm is outside clapping and generally making a noise along with the rest of the country and Friday this week celebrating the VE day 75th anniversary with bunting, costumes, music of the era and memorabilia displayed, outside at 2pm for tea and cake or wine and nibbles. It was perfect weather for sitting outside but I do find it really difficult to keep shouting at each other.

While doing our Wednesday exercise someone compared a movement to Eddie the Eagle and I admitted to having not seen the film, so we put that right when we found it on Netflix. We both really enjoyed it and it passes on a great message of believe in yourself and you can achieve!

This  week I've finished knitting the second jacket but not done the edging or sewing up yet. I'm thinking of lining it and the first blue one and it may be easier to line it before sewing up.

Another week gone by and lots of official and unofficial talk about how best to unlock the country but officially repeating a definite not yet! In the last couple of days I've had two NHS text messages saying I've been identified as highly vulnerable and to stay isolated till 30 June at least and suggesting I sleep on my own and use my own bathroom....... seven weeks in? After the horse had bolted perhaps?

Stay safe everyone.
.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

We liked Eddie the Eagle film too. He has had quite an eventful life really.