Saturday 23 May 2020

Together in Isolation (part 10).......


Saturday 16th May

Slept well with the help of two paracetamol after bashing my hand yesterday and today even though I can't grip anything with my whole hand so long as I keep my painful middle finger out of the way I'm managing (not intentionally making rude signs).

This morning one of the bloodrunners from the north of our region has brought the van with the big trailer to take two of the blood bikes up there. With Cambridge, Addenbrooks, Papworth hospitals etc they are being used for regular daytime runs delivering PPE and other supplies as well as their normal work. At the moment BP are paying the fuel costs on all the official vehicles so it makes sense they have them.

Out loud I said thank you to our lovely friendM (she's not here of course)  as these came out the cupboard again for Daughter to borrow as she's making crumpets mmmmm.

And out loud I constantly say thank you to bestfriendML (she's not here either)  for these long heart pins, essential when working with chunky knits but I actually use them for everything.

I'm sure there's an increased swap in junk mail since lockdown, very little through the letterbox and far more in my inbox. This one caught my eye and could have been useful but cannabis gummy bears are no good if you don't like gummy bears!

When Daughter came over to collect shopping, R, O and the dog came too. O was in a very odd mood, argumentative and fidgety, so when he flippantly suggested a science activity out came the cornflour and water which seemed to help for a while. The liquid dripping and hand mixing had a calming effect while pounding and thumping this non-newtonian substance helped release some of the pent up frustrations, plus making all that mess in the garden on a warm sunny day is never a bad thing.

We've had a more interesting route for our laps of the garden this week as Hubby has put down grass seed and covered the patches with fleece to keep the birds off.



I've had to have a fasting blood test in preparation for a consultant's phone appointment.  So my second trip out away from home in 62 days. The scary thing for me is realising it's not scary, it's now normal to be permanently at home, nipping out for medical things only then straight home again and accepting that consultants are happy to phone me at home.

Keep caring and be kind.
.









2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry your hand is still so painful :-(.

We put grass seed down and the blackbirds have loved it. which is grr and aah all at the same time. Must re-scatter and be more sensible about it.

I love cornflour activities. Need to get some more for the 4yo to explore. She loves it and it keeps her happily occupied for a bit!

Glad the cooking rings get used!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

It's been so windy half the fleece pulled off the pegs and now the birds are enjoying it. It's an ongoing game hahaha