Saturday 9 December 2023

All of a Sparkle......

 
My lovely friendVS bought me this online advent calender (she did last year too and they are beautiful and fun). I'm really looking forward to finding all the surprises each day, cute videos and games to play. 

Sadly Son and fiancé didn't visit while Hubby still had a cold. Sad not to see them but also sad that I was the one on the landing, not Son, having to collect/catch the Christmas decorations boxes and bags as Hubby lowered them down from the loft. 
E was mentioned in the Guardian in their review of last week. Another proud Grandma moment.  
Sunday R and O came for their annual job of Christmas decorating my house. R and E started doing mine when they were three years old and every year since. E now lives too far but O joined in when he was really small too. I love how they insist on still doing it. 
Had lunch at Daughter's on one of the rare days she wasn't working (very busy time of year for an historical musician, leading processions and entertaining at events and markets etc). Great for us to have a proper catch up. 

I'm still doing a lot of online shopping, Hubby and I did wander round a couple of shops on our way back from handing in our menu choices at the pub I've booked for my old work team's Christmas lunch. We couldn't get inspired to buy anything so back to the Internet. While online, however, I did see a great offer and treated us to an air fryer. I've avoided getting one for various reasons, but this was half price and white! Thought we'd give it a try. Doesn't look too bulky thankfully. 
First few things we've used it for have been fine, even my first attempt at mincemeat pastries although I should have made them smaller. 
Still have some gifts to buy. 
Next I need to do the wrapping.
Christmas Dinner for 10 maybe 11 people to plan and buy for. 
About 25 people coming on the 27th to plan and buy buffet x2 and drinks for. 
Lists lists lists
No panic still have 15 prep days hahaha.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You win the first Christmas card of the season received by me award! Thank you. xxx

Was super happy to see the Guardian feature. Your family is so accomplished in such varied ways. You should be deservedly proud :-).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

They all make me proud in every single way! xx