Saturday 22 July 2023

Memories.........

 
Hubby noticed his car making a noise, a tiny noise that with my dreadful ears I couldn't even hear, but it was really annoying him. As he noticed it soon after the windscreen had been replaced he assumed it was the cause and called them back. They checked it all and could find nothing wrong. Hubby then booked it in with Audi who did a full diagnostics check. The mechanic could also hear the noise but could find nothing wrong and suggested it may be tyre noise. Hubby wasn't convinced as the noise is there all the time and tyre noise changes with the changing road surfaces. They agreed to replace the windscreen again under insurance. The noise remained. 
He's now moving all the wheels around! It's still making the noise. I suggested he turned the radio up. 
Knowing I'd done a lot of family tree stuff one of my cousins in Canada asked for what details I had for mutual grandparents. None of my generation knew them as my dad lost both his parents and a sister when their East London house was bombed in WW2. My cousin suggested we have their details entered into "The Book of Names" at Yad Vashem Jewish Memorial Museum in Jerusalem, Israel. 
There's now forms to fill in and it had reminded me of visiting the original Yad Vashem Museum (it's been rebuilt since) on an Israel youth trip when I was 18 and it was very upsetting. 

What a coincidence! Hubby had just finished clearing our smelly drain then Daughter sent him a message to say could he go and look at her smelly drain. It took a lot longer to do hers and new parts needed but both fixed now. 

We held our first ex-work team lunch since the funeral of one of our team, her husband came in her place and our partners all came too. We knew it would be difficult but felt comforting all being together. Her husband really appreciated it too. 
We were talking about all the photos marking our team's history and afterwards I managed to find an internal office news paper that had done a full article on our department. The reporter had also been an excited/creative photographer who got us doing some unusual publicity shots. 

Had a lovely meet up with friendsL&K. It had been a long gap this time so plenty to talk about (not that L and I have ever run out of stuff to talk about). Went to the steak house that's half way between us and I had their bbq ribs as usual yummy yummy. They even brought me an early birthday present. We don't normally gift each other but this year we both have big birthdays next month. 

And when all of a sudden the bananas are far too soft for fresh eating.....
The best plan is banana bread (bit flat but still yummy). 
See you next week.
.

No comments: