Saturday 8 July 2023

Bit of a Headache........

 
A less chaotic start to this week as R wasn't working all weekend and she'd learnt all her lines so she was just relaxing. Hubby wasn't put out by the light showers as there was England v Australia Ashes cricket, super bikes, 9 ball pool and plenty more sport on TV. The dog was happy curled up beside me and I had the last paid for day to use on our family tree stuff. 

The beautiful mallow had turned itself into a huge rug over the lawn, so before it killed off more of the grass than the dry weather had already I cut lots of it to enjoy inside. 
R had moved onto this larger back-pack bag for work as she is permanently carrying her script. She mentioned that lack of internal pockets or dividers was making it tricky to keep hunting in the bottom for the smaller things and she had a large very insulated water bottle which would be better standing up. 
So after getting all the measurements, a lot of thought, sketching ideas and hunting through my fabrics, I came up with black denim from jeans plus the sleeve and two pockets from an old jacket of mine
When machined up became a large pocket for her script and a place for her bottle with two small bits tidy pockets. 
It fitted into the big bag easily and R loved it. 

Daughter and O got back late Sunday and unloaded her tent and top box back into our garage. They both had some of my rhubarb crumble and custard then went home shortly followed by Hubby taking R and the dog home. Very quiet here again now. 

Daughter came over with O, and the dog of course. She came to open out and clean off her ground sheet and waterproof from under the tent. Her and Hubby got it all done and packed away before it started raining. I wasn't the best company unfortunately as I've had a mild migraine headache on and off for a few days. Hopefully it will disappear very soon. 

It didn't disappear and after four days I decided to get it checked out. 35 mins in the queue on the phone for the doctor's surgery and was put on the list for a clinician to call me back. Received a call but my landlines handset wouldn't let me answer. I rang back to tell them to call my mobile, that took another 25 mins in the phone queue. Got the call then got a face-to-face appointment with the Advance Nurse Practitioner. She asked me to have a blood test then I'll be referred to Neurology at the hospital. Hope it's nothing urgent as the first blood test appointment available is 18 days away. 

Theatre with FriendA and FriendV was brilliant. FriendA's two granddaughters are part of the Ipswich Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Theatre Company (that's why they shorten it to IODS) and I was really keen to join them for Fiddler on the Roof. I'd seen the original film about five times, I'm Jewish and the story is part of my heritage and all the songs make it truly meaningful as well as entertaining. 
The actors all did a great job as their characters and all their singing voices and dance routines were brilliant. I think I was most moved when right at the very end when Tevye pushed his cart as the last to be driven out of their Ukrainian village by the Russians at the turn of the 19th century, he was followed by a family with cases and having the yellow stars stitched to their clothes as they would have walked in WW2, and they were followed by a young family in modern clothes carrying bags walking, escaping as they have been now during this Ukrainian/Russian War. Powerful. 

Friday Son and Fiancé went to Greenwich for a concert and their little dog stayed with us. 
They had a great evening but a dreadful journey home due to road works and diversions and didn't get back here till 2:15am guess I'll sleep through most of Saturday.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Busy week!

Love your bag insert. Clo has Lucy and Yak dungarees. They've proved to be really useful in these weeks of mucho cakeage!

Nom nom nom to rhubarb crumble. And chilling the ending to Fiddler play and that there is always seemingly conflict and displacement.

Hope the headache is dehydration/reacting to weather changes/air pressure/eye test needed (though you've recently had eye tests and glasses so doubt that) and you are now headache free xxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Blood test today so hopefully get some headache answers, fingers crossed.