Saturday 6 August 2022

When It's Gone It's Gone.........

 
Did you ever watch Neighbours, the Australian soap? 

I did, possibly from it's very beginning in 1985. But I haven't watched it for many years. We all heard it was to be axed and when it was advertised as ending at the end of July I decided to watch all July episodes. We were out last Friday night when the finale was on, so I avoided all social media and watched it while eating my breakfast Saturday morning.  
     I thought the format was really clever, as the Ramsey Street history book got damaged so some of the younger cast were rebuilding it, they visited each resident asking for photos and written memories and they posted a request to Facebook which brought contacts from past residents, this easily gave opportunities for reliving bits of old storylines. There were also major preparations for a wedding in the street. The wedding took place in the final episode and lots of past characters returned as wedding guests. I enjoyed my trip down Aussie memory lane. 

We've decided what to do about the big hedge, it's going!
It will eventually be replaced as a raised rose bed, but there's a lot of work to do before then. Thankfully Hubby does love a big project and he's working in the shade until mid afternoon. 

The plums are now ending and figs have just started ripening, yummy! 
Actually, on the fruit subject, the apples on our tree all have this rot/disease/whatever at the core of each one. So I will once again spend ages peeling, chopping and freezing all the good bits of hundreds of apples rather than throw them all away. If anyone knows what it is and how to cure it then please let me know. 

And some very over ripe bananas soon became two banana and raisin loaves.
They won't last long. 
Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to make another cuppa as there's cake waiting for me. 
Have a good week.
.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

think getting rid of the big hedge would have been my decision too, opens up the space for other opportunities (such as your raised rose bed idea). Sometimes plants just need pulling out and replacing, M always struggles when I say I want a plant digging up, usually because it was in the wrong place or has outgrown its space. Possibly because he doesn't like the work involved but also he just does not like change.

yum cakeage!

Michelle said...

is it possible you have codling moth?

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/fruitarticles/pest-disease/codling-moth.php

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Looks like you're right, thanks. I need to do some reading....