Saturday 13 August 2022

All In The Timing.......

 
Now the hospital Eye department is finished with me Hubby and I went back to Specsavers to get the prescriptions we were given in March and April made up. We were helped with the choosing by Leah, obviously a very experienced member of staff. Then we sat with Leah while she made all the measurements and drew over the glass. We took the 2for1 offer but have to pay a lot of extras for various coatings and we both have the top of the range verifocal lenses. My frames were dearer than his, however he has an extra "drivers" adjustment and thinner lenses which help under his motor bike crash helmet.  Phew a very large total bill, which I paid with only a little flinch and then a giggle when I nearly forgot my pin number! 
We go back on the 23rd to collect. 

Managed to visit my special friendKK. She was supposed to come out with me this week but phoned to cancel as she had to have major surgery, I didn't know she was ill and had she not needed to cancel our outing she probably wouldn't have told me until afterwards. She's now home and my visit completely reassured me she's well on the recovery road.

I've had a birthday this week. The day before I had a slight tickley throat and thought it was the incredibly dry weather. On my birthday the tickle was a mild cough and my nose a little runny, so just to be sure we both did a covid test and they were both negative. 
So Hubby and I went out to lunch, but I couldn't eat much. In the evening four of us went to Sutton Hoo for Macbeth. 
Before it started the character Porter got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to me. 
The performance was brilliant and of course I thought my very talented Granddaughter was the best one playing Malcolm. 
Because of my cough Daughter was a bit cross with me for not cancelling and they had the back car windows wide open for the hour long drive there and back. And now I've tested positive, having stayed clear for the nearly three years I thought I may be immune. So Friday feeling really rough and done nothing more than contact anyone we've been in contact with and cancelling what should be happening in the next week. Hubby now has the tickley throat. So not a birthday present I would have asked for, and really inconvenient timing...... but is there ever a good time? 

Stay very careful everyone.
.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you didn't have it too badly and recover quickly. Never a good time and if you were negative for the performance hopefully all will be ok for the others.

Interestingly as I was coming down with covid, symptomatic like you but also kept testing negative, so thought yet another cold. I also couldn't eat much and that's unusual for me. Had car journeys with M&C from Dorset to home and they didn't catch it. Though slightly longer between car journeying and positive test than you've said here. Fingers crossed you kept your unwanted birthday gift to the two of you!

Belated happy birthday anyway xx

Michelle said...

PS glad you caught the performance though! xx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

I'm still suffering but thankfully Hubby has it very mildly. Yes I'm so pleased I made it to the performance.