Saturday 27 August 2022

I'm Busy Doing Nothing......

 
The week starts and all four of us improving but somehow all lethargic, or is it fatigue or maybe boredom. So another quiet day. 

One of the neighbours whose garden backs onto ours has erected a flag pole! Seems an odd place to put it, at the end of their garden and whatever flag they intend to raise will be more dominant to us than them! Hubby does know him to talk to so if it does become a nuisance Hubby will have a chat. So far it's just a pole.
Sunday Daughter, O and the dog went home in the evening after Daughter and O had been back to Kentwell to take down the tent and pack up all their stuff, then come here and put it all away.  Monday I missed them being here. 

Tuesday Daughter reported feeling totally back to normal and I guess we both are too although I'm still getting coughing fits occasionally. We did go to Specsavers and collect our ordered glasses, so we've had a trip out. 
There's also been a lot of WhatsApp activity and emails between us, friendsL&K, friendsL&M and friendsM&G as we are arranging a group holiday in September 2023 at a special location (details to follow when it's sorted).  

There's been lots of laundry done having had house guests, so one king size, one double and two singles have been stripped washed dried and remade, plus the single mattress carried back upstairs and I'm admitting that was all Hubby and not me. 
And that's about it really, an incredibly quiet week. 
But now there's a busy weekend which I'll report on next week.
Bye for now.
.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Maybe the flagpole is temporary? I have a vague feeling there's been a flagpole put up by a neighbour before? Or something that was quite dominant to you more than whatever neighbour it was. Maybe it was a radio antennae or aerial? Or I could quite possibly have made the whole thing up.

Planning for a group holiday is fun. Love our group hostel holidays. In the good old days there were group camp holidays as well but everyone grew up and they don't happen any more. I guess participating at Kentwell has replaced them to a degree for quite a few of us.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Maybe you are thinking of the large polythene crow on the pole that another house had put up to scare the doves from under his solar panels. It didn't work. I can't seem to find that post now to link it here.

Your wonderful HE holidays were great reading as so many of you wrote blogs.

Michelle said...

Aah! That must be it. Around here folks put chicken wire in the gaps to stop the birds going under the solar panels.

I loved the blogring, hopping around from blog to blog reading about the same week from a different perspective. And lots of photos!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes he tried a few DIY methods then paid for the proper stuff, we went for the proper stuff straight away.
Sometimes I ask Daughter what is that child now doing as an adult? As with C I've sat on my sofa watching them all grow up.