Saturday 30 July 2022

Seeing Double........

 
Saturday neighbourJ came up with flowers and told Hubby they are for me as a thank you for lending him out to fix her leak! Hubby told her she had already given me flowers and invited her in to show her. She couldn't believe she'd done it twice and told us of all the stuff going on in her life just now. She blamed the heat for messing with her head and we all laughed. As she left we saw her shaking her head and muttering to herself "I can't believe I did that!" When Son came Sunday he saw two lots of flowers and asked what event he'd forgotten hahaha. Daughter came over in the week and asked exactly the same hahaha. 

You may remember I have a problem with my right eye and Specsavers referred me to the Macular Assessment Unit at the Hospital who saw me in March when the doctor said no treatment needed yet but will see me again in two months. Well May went and so did June and July almost had too so time to make contact. It's not urgent so I used the email address given on their letter, then a week later I emailed again asking them to acknowledge receipt, then two days after that I phoned. Lots of excuses from an obviously stressed appointments clerk who then found me a cancellation slot! Which was this Thursday, that's good, at 8:50am, that's not so good! The only bit I really hate is having the drops in my eyes that make the pupils dilate as that stings like mad 😖 the rest is waiting between moving from machine to machine that tests and photographs in round and behind each eye. Optometrist looked through it all and said no change from last time so still no treatment needed phew! They can't explain the cause probably just age related wear and tear, and no cure. Keep monitoring on a little chart she gave me and go back if anything changes. It took almost till bedtime for the pupils to return to normal and my focus to feel comfortable again. 

Opening night for Theatre in the Forest was Thursday night and they had some great online reviews. 
Friday evening we stayed with O and the dog while Daughter and M went to see it, invited as it was Press Night. Daughter will be seeing it twice as I'm going with her, Hubby and O on the 11th.

So for our Friday night me Hubby and O had fish and chips from the chippy in their road and O wanted us to watch his current favourite film (he's already watched it four times) it's very funny. 

Have a good weekend.
.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

we've just had fish and chips! Very happy as the van that serves the village once a fortnight had stopped coming and the business was up for sale. new owners yay! as I wasn't sure it would find a buyer.

Just back from devon and the village van fish and chips is better than what we'd had down there. Cheaper too!

Wish we could get across to see R's play. Looks great and so pleased for her.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Sorry to tease with all the Theatre in the Forest talk, and a warning I'm going on the 11th so there will be more reviews coming. I won't be offended if you close your eyes that week.

Michelle said...

I will continue to enjoy reading about it. It's the nearest I can be x