Monday, 1 February 2016
Hard to believe the first month of this year has finished already, however the first Monday of February is when we started holding a monthly coffee morning for our neighbours, four years ago now! So today was a happy fourth anniversary.
Eleven of us today and conversations round the table were varied as always.....
- Who was going to the funeral this Friday of another neighbour and car sharing.
- The sad news of Sir Terry Wogan's death and remembering so many celebrities that have died already in just 31 days of 2016.
- The new baby born to a lovely young couple who have lived in our Close for about two years now.
- The sighting of an Estate Agent at a house which is currently a rental now being sold.
- First discussions of a street party we want to arrange to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday.
- Holidays booked or planned.
- A future arts and crafts sale being held locally in April and did I want to book my own table.
- Solicitor's meetings to finalise a divorce settlement.
- And Hubby passing on to other aircraft enthusiasts how he spotted a Russian plane over our house being escorted by a British plane and how he tracked its journey online to eventually being escorted off of British air space. Don't think it was anything more than a training exercise.
I love our coffee mornings!