Thursday, 13 September 2012

Did I miss you.......

Hubby left on Wednesday 5th for a weeks holiday with a friend, in Spain.
There are four friends from school days that lost touch and now meet up regularly again. They all used to be into aircraft spotting in a big way, yes real anoraks (giggle if you want I always did). Not so unusual in fact as they were West London boys living right near Heathrow airport.

This holiday was planned for the four of them mainly to give the one that had been unemployed for a very long time a holiday. Hubby had rented the villa we went to last year as it's quite near Murcia airport which is both military and civilian. Although he did say he wasn't planning on spending much time playing with planes!

By the time of booking one friend dropped out as he said he couldn't get the time off work, but we really think his wife wouldn't let him go. All booked and flights paid for the three of them when the job-seekers guy finally gets a job and they won't honour his holiday! So just the two of them went!

Thursday  - He didn't leave home till 2pm and I'd already had offers from friends to join them in this that and the other so I won't get lonely but I was really looking forward to having the house to myself and doing as I pleased. Fed the fish (big responsibility as he loves his pond). Out that evening anyway at our regular art group followed by a late night with live music at the truck stop.

Friday - Fed the fish. Daughter came over with the children. They should have gone to a HomeEd group but when R said she didn't want to go could she come to grandma's it sort of snowballed till none of them wanted to go. The theme at the group had been storytelling so we did that here instead. We made four little books and we each drew the front cover then passed it round so the next person wrote something to go with the picture then draw the next picture and pass it on. About 12 pages to each book. We then had great fun reading the books out loud. Later the children set up a nightime camping scene in the bedroom complete with moon and stars. We had a dinner of pasta with a chicken and bacon sauce I'd previously made and frozen for just this sort of  'I need a dinner quick' occasion. Fed the fish.  In the evening I was on taxi duty to collect E from percussion class and take her to trampoline training.

Saturday - Got a call from hubby on Skype which was lovely. Bit of housework, bit of gardening, feeding the fish twice, daughter with two children stopped by for lunch then left to collect third child, made and covered a box to keep CDs in, and an evening with O while the others went out for dinner with friends (too late to expect a three year old to wait for his dinner). Also had an offer from next door that if I get scared or lonely to knock anytime :-)

Sunday - Fed the fish and stood for ages watching them splash about chasing the food, lots of baby fish in there too. Had a Skype chat with hubby. Enjoyed a really long shower. Had a nostalgic read through some old diaries. Sat outside in the sun (think it's about 25C). Then just to break the rhythm a bit I popped down to Asda and spent far too long just mooching round the clothes and household stuff then bought the few bits I needed along with a few extras then home....seems I only have my pace set to slow today.  However I'd just pulled into my garage when daughter rang my mobile to say E had fallen off her bike and couldn't ride home so they were stuck at the station with two bikes and could I come rescue them please, lucky I hadn't turned the engine off eh? Round trip then home again, much to the confusion of my neighbour, and thankfully my frozen shopping still felt frozen! Car temperature gauge read 31C. No other dramas so a quiet night in with the tele.

Monday - An exhausting day with daughter and children, there was some happy play but mostly it was a lot of throwing stuff around especially a full mug of hot chocolate, then a lot of running through the dinning room while I'm trying to mop it all up, then a slip on wet floor making both adults think that a child may need A&E fortunately it seemed better really quickly. Poor daughter was doing so much cooking as O had bought green bananas and cooking apples but wanted to cook them separately (he actually wanted mummy to cook and provided very little help. She'd bought bacon and rolls for lunch but one girl is veggy and the other insisted on having tuna and cheese instead. Dinner was a bit hotch-potch too as it wasn't planned for and my freezer was limited and uninspiring and made doubly difficult by a child's full on sobbing tantrum because daughter had said she was not getting a dog! Hope daughter can get over her tired and grumpy to enjoy her evening out.

Tuesday - A much quieter day all round, fish feeding, talking to hubby on Skype, emptying the bins around the house and putting the wheelie bins down the road and lots of ironing but quite a bit of tea drinking and reading too :o) Out in the evening with the Tuesday Girls.

Wednesday - A cold and rainy day here, while hubby on Skype gloated that they went out to an old airfield in the morning and to the beach to see the mud bathers but it was far too hot for sightseeing so they were just lazing by the pool at the villa! Meanwhile I fed fish ad cleared the ironing and cleaned some windows. Nice evening out with friends too.

Thursday - Last night of having the bed to myself, I was getting quite used to sprawling :o)
But also have a little list of jobs waiting for hubby's return :o)
Fish feeding and there are two hugely pregnant fish that must be about ready to fill the pond with more babies. Didn't do much this morning then popped over to Daughter's for lunch. Made a nice change going over there and spending  the afternoon playing with the children. Hubby has just text to say he's landed and waiting for their luggage so should be home about 10pm-ish. yes I was busy and also enjoyed lots of pleasing myself but I did miss you!

No comments: