Saturday 1 April 2023

Paws in Proceedings.........

 
We had a lovely lie in Sunday morning and I got up at 8:15ish, came down and picked my phone up to look at the news headlines. Lebanon woke today in a two time zone conflict as the Christians were putting their clocks forward on the last Sunday of March as always but the Muslims wanted to wait until after Ramadan. That's when I remembered our clocks went forward, except in this house, so it was now 9:30am the latest I'd got up since being a teenager or when I'm ill. No plans spoilt so no harm done. 

Monday was busy. Started with Hubby heading across town at 8am to pick up a car battery Son had bought, then come home and fit it into Son's car.
Coffee morning as usual. 
Son fiancé and their dog arrived early afternoon. They parked the camper van and took the car and left the dog behind. 
We were dog sitting so they could go to a gig in Brighton. 
Daughter was dropping her car here during the evening to be picked up for a service and MOT Tuesday. She rang ahead in the afternoon saying she thinks a front headlight is out. Hubby sorted out a spare light ready. She arrived with O about 9pm and said she'd been mistaken, her headlight is fine it had just looked odd in the sunlight (wonder why she had lights on in sunlight?). They left with my car. 
Hubby went up to bed about 10:30pm.
Son and fiancé arrived back at 1:30am, said the gig was brilliant. Of course the dog was soooooo pleased to see them and very happy to be taken home. Think I was asleep as my head hit the pillow. 

Thursday was the turn for Daughter's dog. Daughter, O and their friends were off to London for an opera with juggling, sounded amazing. 

I tried an experimental bake as there was apple puree to use up. I put pastry on the bottom and blind baked it, apple puree over the pastry the sponge mix on top. Guess the apple was too wet and the pastry didn't survive and the sponge only cooked round the edges. 
Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained eh? Not a total waste as I deconstructed it and the edible sponge got served with custard. 

And pleased to report that only now after nearly two weeks the pain in my foot is almost gone. I'll give it just a little longer before cancelling the physio appointment I have for the 20th, just in case.

Off to the theatre tonight which you'll hear about in next week's post. 
Have a good weekend.
.

No comments: