Saturday 25 March 2023

Limping Along.........

 
A quiet uneventful weekend. Sunday and Daughter sent a WhatsApp message early to wish me happy Mother's Day, she couldn't come over as she was performing with The New Cambridge Waits 
Although they actually looked like this
Son had planned to come over but instead he phoned to wish me happy Mother's Day as he was coughing a lot and decided to keep his germs to himself. 
I told them both that as I'm their mother every day of every year they don't need to spoil me on a specific day, I'm happy to be spoilt any time. 

Not the best week physically as my right foot started to hurt and rapidly got worse making it hard to walk and painful to sit in the chair and disturbing my sleep. Four days in and Thursday I gave in and phoned the surgery. Got a call back from a nurse practitioner who listened, made some suggestions and said I had to do a self referral to physio. Here in Suffolk the NHS outsource physio to a company called Allied. I filled in their online questionnaire which gets triaged and I've now a couple of exercises to do while waiting for my appointment on 20th April, and they said they will bring that forward if they get any cancellations. 

Some very ripe bananas to use up so limped round the kitchen and made chocolate banana muffins. Mmmmmmm

Friday evening and we joined a cousin's 80th birthday celebration. We had to drive to East Barnet in North London which is two hours on the road there and back. But it was worth it. Family and friends we haven't seen for ages, lots of hugs and great buffet with lots of cake. 
Birthday girl really enjoyed her celebration. And we had a very full and noisy table. 
I was trapped behind all the tables so a very good excuse not to get up, so Hubby brought buffet food to share and sisterS brought back double cake to share. More people now as my Facebook friends and we have another family messenger group, so no excuse not to stay in touch. 

Till next week then, stay warm and keep your umbrella handy.
.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Bad enough when something hurts when you walk let alone when also sitting or trying to sleep :-(. Hope it subsides soon xxx

Love the daughter picture and family gathering.

I don't do umbrellas since my eye incident...dangerous objects!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks xxx
Everything Daughter does is amazing, but I'm very biased.
All my coats have hoods!

Michelle said...

Can't go wrong with a hood (with projecting bit at the front!)