Saturday 7 May 2022

Wooley Words......

 
TahDah.... the finished blankets, 
the crochet project that's taken a while to do and if you've forgotten how it all started then you can go back to this post sunny-and-sociable

Sunday we left R and the dog to fend for themselves and went out to lunch with four friends we haven't seen face-to-face since before crazy season. It was so lovely having proper catchup chatting (rather than online or phone calls).

The main topic of conversation for our street coffee morning was one of the house, three doors down from us, being up for sale. It's been empty for a long time while our late neighbour's daughter renovated it. So who's going to come to the open house viewing at the weekend and can we vet them all to select our new neighbour 😂

Monday evening Daughter and O arrived just after 7pm, (back from their Tudor world) they both had super quick showers and sat long enough for us all to have dinner together, then R had a quick shower while O watched a program he'd been desperate to get home in time for but now couldn't, and then gathering up all their stuff and the dog's stuff they went home (Hubby had to drive R and the dog home as Daughter's car was still full of Kentwell camping).
Note: plumber coming the next day so hopefully have their shower fixed. 
Update: he came and inspected and he needs to do more so waiting for landlord's approval before coming back. 
Consequence: they'll be here for showers for a bit longer! 

I've sorted out some of my pastel coloured wools for my next knit.  
Makes a change from the bright colours I've been joining with crochet all in black. I'll need to take it slowly on this one as my right hand is suffering a bit from the crochet grip causing some rsi, but the knitting grip is different so shouldn't make it worse. 

Local election day Thursday, as it seemed to be in the whole of the UK. Hubby and I voted as we always do, the same, agreed beforehand, otherwise I feel we would cancel each other out! We now have a Labour Local Councillor.

Friday afternoon Daughter and dog came over and two cuppas later Son arrived. There was a bit of car contents juggling and then with Hubby they drove off together in one car and posted a photo to fb soon after they arrived. 
  

They will be gone till late Sunday having a walking weekend in North Norfolk........ so I've a home alone weekend. 
I've "This Is Us" a Prime series I'm way behind with (not Hubby's thing) that I'd like to binge watch while knitting. I'll try not to just sit for three days though. 

See you next week.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

If you are gifted a load of granny squares again, I saw a pattern recently on how to arrange to turn them into a bag. If you google "granny squares into bag arrangement" and look at images you can see it. Those knitted squares may not work for that though as may stretch? Crochet seems to not give as much as knitted but I could have a completely wrong thinking on that.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks I'll have a google.