Saturday 28 May 2022

The Cons And The Pros........

 
We've had another birthday, this week our granddaughters stepped out of their teens! Wow!
They were all coming over on Sunday. On Saturday Daughter and the girls went to the My Chemical Romance concert that had been postponed due to covid, and was in fact their 18th birthday present. While they were gone O and the dog came here. O's plan was to make their birthday cake, he brought with him all the ingredients and recipe for the vegan, gluten free, carrot cake.

Unfortunately after all his hard work the cake didn't rise, and stayed quite wet. So we kept putting it back in the oven. O had to leave before we had saved it but we had agreed on a plan. 
I got the cake as dry as I could, by which time it was broken in a few places, so the plan was to cut shapes. I managed six circles and four little hearts. 
I iced them white, then looking for my food colouring to do the rest discovered that my few colour remains was so out of date they hit the bin. Everything was against this. I finally found a little strawberry jam that made the icing pink enough for the hearts and letters. Of course no piping bag suitable for such a tiny amount, so I had to make one. 
Thankfully O appreciated my efforts but sad to report that the icing made them wet again and though a couple of people were brave enough to eat a little half the tray hit the bin. 

It was still a fun afternoon. We sang happy birthday over soggy cakes, M had brought the backup plan of lots of gingerbread men to decorate, there was plenty of tea and the weather was good, so they all stayed outside and got the juggling balls, hoops, clubs and flower sticks out. I took lots of photos but none seemed to have stuff up in the air, honestly all four were juggling. 

In other news, Hubby has been fence mending between showers. Front panels were fine it was the big rail along the back that needed replacing. 

Hubby had also remade the second bench. Don't they look posh?
I've finished the knitting/crochet I was working on but still can't show you as it's a gift that hasn't been given yet. 

I've had my regular CT Scan checkup and amazingly this particular radiographer got the cannula for the dye in first time with ease, which is unheard of, so I'm only booking scans in future if she's on duty! Results to follow of course, however I have had a clear mammogram result which is good. 

And that's about it for another week. 
Enjoy your week and extra bank holiday.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yet another busy week you had. Sorry the cake wasn't more successful - looks good though.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Getting back to our normal chaos.