Saturday 14 May 2022

Forecast a Sunny Busy Week......


I slept really well, having the bed all to myself. 
I checked with my intrepid explorers, when Hubby phoned me, and they all slept OK (probably not as well as I did).
I've been receiving regular pics from them just to reassure me they haven't been eaten by wild bears! This pic let me know they were adequately rehydrating. 

Meanwhile I made cakes, these are my mocha-muffins experiment, my attempt at using up some of the instant coffee and instant hot chocolate we seem to have accumulated. Quite nice. 
 
Plus a few housework bits, a lot more knitting and a bit more tv catchup. 

Sunday and no longer home alone as M dropped off O at 10am to spend the day here, R should have come too but she's unwell. Soon after our lunch the travellers arrived home, so O went up for a shower while we had tea and a run down of all that had happened on their trip. They've all really caught the sun and Hubby's walking in a slightly painful way, said it wasn't the nearly 14 miles they did yesterday but the eight mile(ish) they did this morning followed by the two hours in the car. A long soak in the bath will help. 

R was feeling a bit better Monday so came over for a shower, she brought Daughter, O and the dog too. They didn't stay long, just two cuppas worth. 

Tuesday Hubby went to Felixstowe to meet the guys for snooker. He said he played quite badly again and we think his verifocal specs could be the problem. He needs to research that a bit more.

Hubby had also taken his bike out for a long ride and car washed Son's car that is on holiday here while they have building work done. So Friday we went out together to Felixstowe just to blow the cobwebs away. We had a nice walk and investigated the new shops they've made using old lorry containers from the port, then lunch out, fish and chips (well you have to at the seaside don't you?) In the Regal restaurant as we know the food and service is excellent..... but the portions are huge and I feel so guilty leaving so much of it.   
I can't show you any knitting yet (and it's coming along really nicely) as it's a gift, so I'll just keep building the anticipation until it's finished and delivered hahaha. 
Meanwhile I'll leave you with my beautiful Lily of the Valley and the first two Oriental Poppies to open in what promises to be a very large display. 


See you next week.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad their walking weekend went well and the weather was kind. Lovely idea for them. Plus dog. Bet he slept well too.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

We don't need presents and time together is precious.