Saturday 1 May 2021

Work In Progress..........

 
Had to share our beautiful cherry tree before it loses all its blossom. 
The tree was obviously so impressive that a little later O just had to be a part of it. 

New on my needles this week is a jumper
As life in general gets busier and hopefully as the weather improves I'll be spending a lot less time on the sofa, I'm sure the end result will happen but way off into the future so I'm noting the start and you may get the occasional update but I'm making no promises. It's another experiment as it's my own made up pattern which I've made once before (top one in this post)
However, as that one was a bit big in the body and a bit tight on the sleeves and I'd now prefer slightly bigger rib edging I've tweaked the pattern, so it may not fit me at all. Next challenge is to overcome the fact of not having quite enough of any one colour wool so I'm hoping to use up a good few odds and ends in my stash but I don't want stripes I want more random patches of contrast which I've never done before while knitting in the round on circular needles (that's to avoid the horrid sewing up that I hate). Wish me luck! 

Another couple of days of car swapping where Daughter takes mine and leaves her's for Hubby to sort repairs with our mechanic neighbour, then she just returns to swap back and pay the bill when it's all done. Now another of her friends wants to be adopted by Hubby to benefit from the same looking after 😉
Hubby is now at Daughter's house installing a new back gate. 

I'm trying again to update and add to my genealogy book. I keep records and a tree for four different lines, because many years ago I lost the software it was on and so I'm working on the paper printouts, and it's hard going. Eventually Daughter and I will get this onto our Ancestry account so you add a person once and it cross references them for you. 
Because nobody has been here to entertain it's been spread over the dining room table for months so I can do bits and pieces when I can. 

Garden of course is a constant work in progress and we've planted lots of new stuff (you know that means we buy he plants and waters right?). The bigger shrubs all seem happy but these petunias and begonias seem to be struggling to settle in

The ones planted in another bed are under a bird feeder and pigeons and doves constantly walk and peck to find anything that has dropped, so I've had to cover the nearly dead plants with sticks to see if I can save them. 

And inside I've one little shoot emerged from the tomato seeds planted, but it was just sliced soft tomato planted so if anything grows it's free and no loss if it doesn't. 

Fingers crossed it starts warming up although I did brave pegging all the washing out yesterday, but also had to put the heating on in the afternoon. 
Happy Mayday.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Another happy blog post from you :-). The sun has been good but there has been a very cold wind hasn't there? Makes clothing decisions tricky!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes I'm all layers hahaha