Saturday 15 May 2021

Things Revived and New......

 
Sunday was the first SERV Bloodrunners fundraising event for a very long time, possibly over a year (although they may have done one small town centre appearance last summer between lockdowns I can't remember).
They were at Stonham Barns Park Motorbike Show with a very reduced stand which was roped off so the public had to keep their distance, and no tombola or bikes for people to sit on. The event had a good turnout and they raised about £175 which was excellent. 

Oh the games we play. 
Hubby said he would be out on the drive cleaning his motorbike. When it was done to his very high standard he came in and was telling me something about needing another pannier but they are only sold in pairs, so he thought he'd go to his favourite bike shop as they may have ordered a pair for someone else who only needed one so would have a spare he could buy more cheaply. All his gear on he left saying "shan't be long".
He was gone ages, then this little conversation between us.....

Knitting update. I'm really enjoying this one and making up a design as I go. Tricky at the moment only because there are so many needles involved that I'm in danger of picking up the wrong one so I'm tying up inside a bag everything that's not involved at the time. 
I know I'm going to run out of the mustard wool so the other colours are essential, however, I need the cuffs and bottom ribbing to be in the mustard and I'm not sure how much to keep in reserve? All suggestions gratefully received. 

Beautiful bluebells still in abundance, we have whitebells and forget-me-nots too. 

And the first oriental poppy has opened. 

I would have taken more garden photos but it's raining again.
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

love the text conversation :-).

knitting looks impossible to me. I can barely knit with two needles let alone anything complicated or adding needles in. Mum knitted me socks once. Once. She managed 3 socks then refused so I have to wear in rotation to evenly wear them out which is not as easy as you might think. C also knitted me a glove once and I never have received the one for the other hand.

Have been loving the bluebells here. In woods and in garden too which has not had any attention this year.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Three socks and one glove has given me a giggle 😂😂😂