Saturday 24 April 2021

Memorable Moments.........

 
Saturday will be written in the history books as the day Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was laid to rest with a funeral he totally organised himself some years ago. 

We did watch it all but not live as we had friendsM&P here for a garden cuppa. Only the second time I've seen friendM in over a year (for many years we saw each other every day). Thankfully it was the warmest, sunniest day so far and we chatted away in comfort. 

Oh my, the youngest grandchild is now 12 years old. 
By his request birthday cake was sticky toffee pudding and custard, not the easiest to put a candle in and light in the outside breeze. O and I took the opportunity to nip inside and update my bathroom height chart and he's grown nearly 8 inches in 18 months which was his last mark. So at 5ft he's also overtaken me! I look up to my whole family now 😂

No coats needed for this week's on-your-own-drive coffee morning if was so sunny and warm. And Tuesday was another lovely warm day for our first going out social in a very very long time. We've had family and friends into our garden but this time we were invited to our very dear friendsR&S for afternoon tea in their garden. Lots of catchup chat and they've had a Son's wedding and twin baby grandchildren born so plenty of photos to show me while Hubby popped inside for a quick DIY job they needed help with (distance, masks and sanitiser of course).

Oh how Wednesday weather changed, cold and windy and I was more than happy to do inside stuff. 

I'm still slowly sewing up my knitted cardigan and noticed the front borders are pulling a bit so as it's not a button and button hole edge I thought maybe a zip would be rigid enough to hold it straight. Having a good rummage through my stash I found a zip that's open ended, a good enough colour and the right length, so then I had to set it free from the hood of a rain jacket (that's sitting in my stash waiting to be made into a lightweight water proof back pack...... yes my life is full of ongoing projects).

First pull of garden rhubarb, quickly made into rhubarb sponge, yummy. 

Finally finished the cardigan.

Hubby had to buy more salt tablets for our water system and his preferred supplier has moved to join an existing farm shop and garden centre so I went along. We were very disappointed at the condition of their plants, some looked almost dead so he just loaded down my car with ten big bags of salt (half each with our NeighbourA) and drove to the Range for bird and fish food. Home for lunch then out again to a lovely large garden centre at Capel St Mary and bought these. 

A new arrival this week is the hot composter. We have used two large compost bins for years but never with great success and it takes forever, this hot one supposed to be the speediest method and can cope with all organic waste even cooked meat scraps, but it does have very specific loading instructions.


 No plans for this weekend apart from planting yesterday's garden centre purchases and at the moment it looks sunny and warm enough for outside stuff, so I'm off to get dressed and head out to join Hubby who's already working hard out there.
.  

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hot composter sounds intriguing. We, to my never-ending shame, had to revert to putting our food scraps in the landfill bin as they kept neglecting to collect the kitchen waste bin and it became utterly revolting. Fortunately we don't have that much but i toy with other options including a wormery but with the only space being by the window was worried about smells and flies. That hot composter looks quite compact and neat. wouldn't be too obtrusive. Will ponder on it.

Michelle said...

oh and the card looks brilliant! Well done!

Michelle said...

cardi. for cardigan. silly auto correct.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Glad you like the cardigan.
Early days with the hotbin, hopefully have a progress report soon.