Saturday 26 September 2020

Needs a Catchy Title.......

 

Do you find naming each post the hardest bit? I do. Sometimes as I add bits and pieces to the content I change the title, maybe more than once hahaha. And today (Tuesday) is the six month mark of when national lockdown had to start and now the second wave is increasing enough to have much stronger restrictions reintroduced just as schools/ jobs/ pubs/ restaurants/ etc were moving forward. I'll not change the title to counting weeks again! 

Last year I made quince jelly as I'd found a bush in my garden I didn't know existed, this year we seem to have three bushes in three very different parts of the garden (if it's birds or hedgehogs leaving gifts thank you) but this year no jelly as this is the sum total of fruit and they are all tiny. Smell nice just sitting in this dish though. 


Hubby was ready to drastically reduce this flowering cherry tree down again (happens every two or three years) and Son offered to help.........I have a whole family who love climbing trees! 
Lots of shredding, some long straight branches saved as plant supports and thicker branches chopped for Son's chiminea, and the job was done. 

I've also wasted spent quite some time watching a massive neighbour's tree being reduced to fill the back of a trailer. (Oops that's a massive tree not a massive neighbour).

Our lawn (bit cheeky even calling it lawn) is in a dreadful state at the moment with big barren patches of hard dry ground. 
And if you zoom in on this patch you'll see it's swarming with hundreds of tiny bees! 

And the whole week has included a game of people juggling with us two and Daughter's five, to cope with two needing the test and one pre-op isolating and two staying away till there were negative results. How lucky we are to have the facilities to allow us to keep everyone safe and stay within government restrictions at all times. 

With jumpers on and the heating too I'm happy inside watching Hubby and a neighbour replacing some fence panels in the wind and rain (no I'm not going out there to take a photo).

Hands - face - space and keep yourselves safe.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Our neighbour trimmed back his leylandii last weekend too. He did a good job of it. And my Dad finally got a tree surgeon out to remove his line of lleylandii planted by a previous owner. Dad had been years and years ago intending to bring them down himself but he is not terribly good at that sort of thing and after realising someone was filming him from an open window of the nearby Premier Inn, thought perhaps it looked as though he didn't know what he was doing so stopped. And thus the hedge line was straggly and uneven for the years since. I've been saying he should just get them removed and plant something else (they quite like our Photinia Red Robin and that is quite fast growing for screening but more interesting and easier to manage than lelandii).

I love climbing trees, it's the returning safely to ground that I'm afeared I'm not quite so good at, so always too nervous to gain too much height!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Our garden used to be completely bordered with leylandii (about 50 of them I think) and Hubby plus anyone he could persuade gradually got them all out. A mammoth task.
It would be worth you climbing as high as you like if you could phone for the fire brigade to come to the rescue ;o)