Saturday 12 September 2020

A New Adventure........

 

Oh my, I've a Granddaughter old enough to have now gone off to University! I'd asked Daughter a few times what we could get E, was there anything she needed and Daughter had said E was choosing all she needed and they had it sorted. Then at the last minute Daughter said jokingly/sarcastically that she'd probably love a blanket that grandma had knitted specially for her for when she was feeling homesick, then she laughed and said "you've got a whole week"!

Well of course if I'm challenged like that I just had to, didn't I? 

So with very chunky wool and big needles my little fingers steamed for a few days. Because I'd knitted on the diagonal it wasn't until I'd cast off that I discovered what an odd shape I'd ended up with. 

Too much work to undo and no time to do it again so decided to turn it into a poncho. 

Made a cord to lace the front with. 

Made a cushion cover for it, so it can be useful on her bed when it's not being worn. 
And thankfully she loves it, phew!
It won't be quite the free and easy teenage/ young adult adventure of previous uni freshers week with the Covid restrictions etc but I'm sure she'll have a great time. 

Yaay I've just had my nails done for the first time in six months! Instead of having my lovely nails lady come to my house as she'd always done, I went to her's as she has a professionally covid-safe setup with screens and extractors etc so seemed more sensible. 

Daughter and E drove north on Tuesday and stayed with friends overnight and E moved into her uni home on Wednesday. So R and the dog stayed here overnight for company. Another first for us in six months. Tilly never has a problem making herself at home. 

Another quick trip to the garden centre. 
The lemon tree is a gift for a really thoughtful and generous lady. I never know what to get her and Son happened to mention, just in casual conversation, that she'd bought a lemon tree for a friend and later had wished she'd bought one for herself. I didn't even think about getting one for us as anything that needs special care dies here. 

So remember "Hands- Face- Space" as the new slogan goes and let's hope this latest spike can be controlled.




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the poncho - brilliant and better as won't slide off her shoulders.

Impressive lemons on that lemon tree!

Who's sofa is it. Doesn't look as though any human will have a seat.

Gorgeous nails too. What a good idea to set up at home all safe.

Glad you've had a good week xxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks.
Had four pots to choose from and that was the most impressive.
Our sofa and she happily moves over as she loves the company.
My nails lady has always worked from home, but happily came to me as it got her out the house for a while.
All my weeks are good really 😃