Saturday 27 June 2020

Not All Together in Isolation (part 15)........


Saturday 20th June and I forgot until the evening that it was my usual day to update you, but in the great scheme it doesn't matter as nothing much had changed here. Let's see how this week unfolds!

Sunday was father's day and both children and all three grandchildren called round. Iffy weather meant sitting undercover (just enough space to stay distanced). Thankfully it stayed dry so the girls juggled and O brought round his new chess set and the dog had sneaky ideas of escape, so in turn we seemed to ask "where's the dog?" and all while eating yummy cake that daughter made.

I really enjoyed this theatre trip, so well done and didn't lose too much of the live theatre by being shown on YouTube. Although I probably shouldn't have started watching it at 10pm as it wasn't far short of three hours long!
Small Island embarks on a journey from Jamaica to Britain, through the Second World War to 1948 – the year the HMT Empire Windrush docked at Tilbury. The play follows three intricately connected stories: Hortense yearns for a new life away from rural Jamaica, Gilbert dreams of becoming a lawyer, and Queenie longs to escape her Lincolnshire roots. Hope and humanity meet stubborn reality as the play traces the tangled history between Jamaica and the UK.

And a film we watched together, Hubby's choice of course. Predictable but enjoyable.


Online shopping has become the normal now, but sometimes pack sizes are not what we were expecting! This enormous box of cornflakes has had to have the box folded and laid on its side to fit in the cupboard. Although I can just see over it when pouring it out it does take both hands! Hahaha

And a pretty lacy scarf finished with the next one already on the needles.
Maybe a start on the Christmas presents stash.... or maybe just keep them for myself 😉
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We watched Small Island over 3 sittings, though I couldn't stay awake for the 3rd and had to go to bed else getting up for work the next day would have been too difficult. I did enjoy very much what I managed to see. Years ago I read the book so had been worried the adaptation would not match up but had worried needlessly.

Lovely sounding Father's Day x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes I'm always worried if I mix book/play/film etc.