Saturday 20 June 2020

Not All Together in Isolation (part 14)......

Saturday 13 June
There's the gradual unlocking but nobody seems to agree how or when and the school's were told to open with huge restrictions and everyone is arguing and some that have opened have closed again. There have been the mass "Black Lives Matter" protests, some peaceful and respecting social distancing and others violent, destructive, ignorant behaviour which will certainly cause a new peak in the virus. Even the BBC are removing archived programmes which were totally acceptable and even funny in the days they were made but now they may cause offence! I'm quite upset by the world I will have to join soon...... think I'll stay in lockdown for a while yet. 

Saturday was really lovely weather and we enjoyed it even more seeing those we love the most. In the morning Son came over bringing some spare plants, cherry tomatoes and a beautiful bush which I think is an azalea (unless you know different).

Correction: I've identified it online and it's alstroemeria

Then as we were eating our evening dinner Daughter messaged to say they'd like to come over as their neighbour's were having a very very loud garden bbq evening and they couldn't relax even with doors and windows closed! So Daughter and three grandchildren and the dog of course spent a lovely two hours ish with us in the garden.

I'm sure you've realised I have a "can't sit still" kind of Hubby, well now he's decided to repair the wall. A major job of replacing lots of broken bricks with some we had spare and lying around. Finished in one day! 

Locally there's a group called Teapot Project and they gather all the unsold out-of-date food that's still edible and sell on with a pay-what-you-can system and free delivery, saving food from landfill and feeding those economically struggling. This was my fruit and veg box this week. I paid full price of course under their "here to help" category and they keep plenty aside for "emergency" orders.

Hubby has been doing all this work in the garden and so has our next door neighbourA so they agreed to go halves on a skip and now spend their days clearing, sorting and chucking it out. 

Oh my the days really have all merged into a groundhog rhythm and it's now 10:20pm and I've realised it's Saturday and I haven't posted this week's blog......... so let's put that right immediately. 
.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

"groundhog rhythm"! That's exactly right! Well done, that sums up exactly how I feel my life is atm.