Saturday 25 January 2020

Noah saved the day.........


Wednesday I had to be at the hospital for 11am for surgery, nil-by-mouth of course from the night before. I was prepared for an overnight stay and warned it could be a little longer. 4:20pm I was told my op had been cancelled. So messaged Hubby to come and take me home.

While I was waiting for him I messaged some of the people that needed to know starting with my children. After all the expected conversations Daughter suggested that the next day we do something extra "as it's a day you didn't expect to have free" she said, and suggested Noah's Ark Museum  which has been docked on the Ipswich Waterfront for three months and we've never found the time to visit before. Ideal!









We all loved it and it gave us plenty to admire and discuss. I adore all wood and the craftsmenship was wonderful. We are not religious as a family but mostly understand the bible stories and were amused by the narrative boards a little by some of the translations from Dutch. The dialogue was all done in a humorous way and very entertaining.

Then a walk along the Waterfront in the sunshine and a cuppa in a cafe.
My spirits were lifted.
.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Grr to cancelled op. Very cross on your behalf. Not at anyone or the NHS but at the situation/underfunding/not brilliant organisation/resourcing.

Glad the Ark was a bonus diversion. Looks intriguing!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Definitely grrrrr but I wasn't cross at all just deflated after the mental prep needed.

Michelle said...

That's why I'm cross on your behalf xx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thank you XXX