Wednesday 8 January 2020

Date Night (part 1).......


Hubby and I are definitely finding present buying for each other almost impossible so this last Christmas I suggested we just didn't. It certainly took the pressure off me while I'm having to come up with good ideas for what to buy everyone else, however, I'm the only person Hubby has responsibility to buy for and he seemed a little unsure and did quietly mention occasionally "so would you like this/that/the other".

I made another suggestion "what about giving each other a cinema date night?"
We go to the cinema very very rarely as we don't actually have the same taste in entertainment at all. So I said I'll watch the new Star Wars with him, with a smile on my face, and he can watch Cats with me, with a smile on his face.

It should have been free as Hubby had claimed on our Tesco Clubcard vouchers, but armed with the email complete with QR code we still struggled at the cinema ticket machine and then carried on struggling with a real person and two of her superiors! We gave up and paid for our tickets.



It was an early evening showing which may account for the sparse audience or it may have been the very poor reviews!

I enjoyed it, the clever visual effects, the London's West End surroundings, brilliant computer generated fur coverings on all cats with active tails and twitching ears, and such talented dancers! It had the most amazing star studded cast, which distracted a bit from those that could actually sing and dance.

Some of the songs weren't songs at all, just dialogue in a sing song voice and the story was almost non existent. But overall it was a short time of complete escapism.

Hubby said "It was ok but not purrrrrrrr-fect!" hahaha

We rounded off our date night with a meal in our local Beefeater.....because we had a 50% off voucher. Then home for a cuppa as it was still only 9:30! A couple of old cheapskates but we did hold hands 😉
.

No comments: