Saturday 20 January 2024

Plenty Of Sub-Zero......

 
Last spring we talked about removing our water feature as there had been a problem with it for some time, a leak in the underground reservoir perhaps as Hubby was having to add water to it every day, or it would dry out overheat and blow a fuse. We can't actually remember when Hubby created it, at least 20 years ago, and it looked like this (a waterfall with cascading water) 
As you know Hubby hates sitting still but even I was surprised that on a day that started at -2°C he decided to take it apart! 
Nothing more has happened to this so far. It will have to be replaced by something as the birds loved drinking, bathing and splashing around in the water.

We attended a funeral this week. It was for the brother-in-law of my old school friendL. As childhood friends and having sleepovers I knew the whole family well. The prayer room was quite full and it was an extremely cold day for standing graveside. An hour and 20 mins drive each way and they really appreciated our being there. It was an orthodox Jewish funeral and if you have never been to one and interested I'm happy to explain more.  

Our usual team effort to defrost the freezer. I unload and Hubby does the scraping while I keep the saucepans water hot. Then I reload. Less than an hour from start to finish. 
There were three pizzas in there, two vegetarian and one vegan, that Hubby and I don't like, Daughter doesn't eat pizza and Son refused them as his freezer was really full already. I can't throw good food away so messaged our vegetarian next door neighbour who immediately came up to collect them. 

No actual snow here but very frosty white mornings and a couple of -5°C readings on my phone when I've got up and guess it's been even colder during the night. 

On a happier subject I've caught up with printing the blog posts for 2023. Probably unnecessary but it's my diary so although all online I do like to see it as a physical thing. 

I've finally got round to shortening the sleeves on a new jacket I've had for ages and also made myself another little handbag. Mainly because it's always warm upstairs in my craft room. 

Till next week, stay warm and watch for slippy pavements.
.

No comments: