Saturday 24 June 2023

Wanting It To Rain.......

 
I forgot to take the before photo of the two garments I needed to transform. The deep pink t-shirt had never been worn, I'd bought it online and although a quality item it was quite long for me and a little bit clingy. The pastel striped blouse had been well worn in my 'smart' pre-retirment days.
For my friend's funeral at the end of the month we have been asked to wear pink or purple as they were her favourite colours. These two items are now just one layer so should be cool enough if the weather stays like it is now and smart enough. I will iron it of course. 

The mallow is now blooming well. Always a reminder of my mum who gave me the original plant from her little back garden about 20 years ago. 
On Saturday for the King's official birthday and Trooping the Colour they had included the fly past that had been cancelled because of the bad weather on coronation day. Hubby and two of the neighbours are really into aircraft and here in East Anglia is the usual flight path when they gather over the sea to get into their formations and head to London. From the end of the drive we can see them in the distance while Hubby tells us what's coming as he sees them on the app. 
Straight after the planes had flown by Hubby and I drove to Daughter's, she had invited us to join them for a trip to Perrywood Garden Centre in Sudbury as R, who now has a great collection of exotic house plants, had a shopping list. We started in their tea shop and I had an enormous wedge of cake. Mmmmm.

Sunday, Father's Day, Son and fiancé came over for lunch with a card and printed t-shirt for Hubby. They left about 4pm-ish heading to London for a gig on the South Bank. Their little dog stayed with us. After Hubby went to bed I caught up on all the rubbish TV I had recorded and then had to search for more as they didn't get back until after 1:30am. They did say it was a great concert. 

Monday afternoon my car finally returned, having spent 20 days with our car doctor (it wasn't cheap). Hubby was going out so took my car to give it a run and check it all out. Soon after he got back daughter arrived to leave her car as it's booked for a service on Tuesday and she left with my car. Not sure why we still call it my car hahaha. 

Friday is the start of Daughter's Kentwell week for midsummer. She brought the dog over and while her humans were outside fixing the roof box onto the car she wouldn't leave the window. 
A long time ago I was gifted a small chilli plant. As each chilli grew the small crop was picked and frozen then the plant died. I've looked at the little pot of about 20 something tiny chilies wondering what to do with them. I'm not good at cooking with fresh, I find it easier to gauge quantity with powdered as we don't like food too spicy. Then when I was just about to reluctantly put them in the compost bin I found a very easy sweet chilli sauce recipe. (Again I forgot to take the before photo so you've just got the during).
The recipe said 20 medium sized milder chillies, deseeded. I had those tiny ones and counted 29, so tiny it would be impossible to deseed them. 
Recipe said fresh garlic and fresh ginger and I had to substitute both with dry stuff. 
And in the place of the required white wine vinegar or cider vinegar I only had white vinegar. 
Tastes good but quite hot so I'll use it very sparingly. 

We've had two very short storms here this week unlike many other parts of the country so I wouldn't be surprised if there's an East Anglia hose pipe ban soon. 
Don't forget to keep yourselves hydrated too while it's hot weather.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Always love your makings :-)

maybe put the sauce on some meat (chicken wings?) and bbq?

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Can't call it a sauce as it actually set solid hahaha
So I'm putting a small portion into a dish each time and microwaving it enough to be a soft jam to spread.