Saturday 18 February 2023

Time For Rhyme........

 
Funny how the mind works eh, well my mind really? Often first thing in the morning a few lyrics from the middle of a song pop into my head and I'm forced to sing it through until I've remembered the title and maybe even the artist, then it inevitably becomes the earworm of the day. Sunday morning and I'm up first of the humans and let the dog out into the garden and while I'm watching her I've some words of the poems I learnt in primary school running round my head.
Two of my most memorable were
And this


Monday was quite eventful. I pre-warned the Coffee morning neighbours that we have the dog here. R had a work meeting on zoom so she took her laptop upstairs. The dog seems to bark the most when anyone is outside or near our front door, so I put her in the office and sat with her some of the time until everyone had arrived, then she joined us and was really well behaved. 

Hubby had signed up to take part in the National Grid Demand Flexibility Service. They are hoping that by getting a brief reduction in power used at peak times it will take the strain off the grid. Hubby got an email to say we needed to do this on Monday. 


I made sure of getting ready for our girls night out in plenty of time before our 5:30pm deadline. FriendHM was driving for a change (it's usually me) and she picked up both me and friendJB. At Miller&Carter we met friendM and friendT. As always we discussed everything, everyone noisily and laughed lots.   

The one hour reduced grid use happened again on Thursday evening. 

Valentine's day is also Hubby's birthday. 

Ended up the messiest cake but it tasted good, and for dinner I made Hubby's requested lasagne, salad and garlic bread which we all enjoyed too. 

The dog's favourite place is curled up beside me at the moment. Have to be extra careful with my tea holding arm because she often taps with a paw for strokes. 


Wednesday late morning Hubby drove R to work and she'll go home afterwards, and mid-afternoon Daughter came for a catchup cuppa or two and left with the dog and stuff. So we are back to just us. 

Hubby found that he couldn't get any parts to repair our shower as the manufacturer no longer supply that model. It's a special system using a flat control plate inside the shower connected by remote control to the master box in the loft, so changing to something different would mean breaking down the bathroom tiles. He's bought a different model that's the same make which he thinks he can convert. However we received the wrong one, so now we are waiting for another delivery/swap. 

Hope it's getting a little warmer for you like it is here. 
See you next weekend.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

belated birthday returns to him!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

He says thanks.