Saturday 11 February 2023

Repair or Replace........

 
Not the best start to the week when the shower broke. Of course I was in it and fully lathered up when it went to freezing cold, I fiddled with the dial and it went hot again, then scalding hot, then freezing cold and this is how it went on! I managed to get myself rinsed off but didn't chance hair washing so came out wrapped in a towel and washed my hair over the bath. The working unit is up in the loft so another job on Hubby's list, as he thinks it must be the thermostat cutting out, he has emailed the maker to find costs of parts and hopefully save having to buy a whole new unit.  

My sewing machine hasn't been at its best for a while, sometimes catching fabric that needs to be cut out of it and so ruining what I was working on. Finally I decided to have it serviced and found a local chap that has glowing social media revues by previous customers. 
He came to my house, took the machine apart, cleaned, oiled, realigned some bits and filed some rough edges away.... the whole time explaining and teaching and answering questions. He's not cheap, in fact not much cheaper than buying a new economy range basic machine but hopefully it will have been worth it. 

Two magpies in the tree. Two for joy isn't it? 

And a woodpecker came to visit too 

Freezer defrosting is not a job I look forward to but it really needed it. I unloaded it all and just over an hour later reloaded it all..... Hubby did all the hard work in between, isn't he wonderful! 

I did congratulate myself on making a totally upcycled bag recently but seems I was premature. One of the main problems of reusing materials that have already seen active service, is sometimes they let you down. O has been using this bag and just as he was packing it to take on holiday the zipper came away from the zip. Daughter brought it round and I failed at fixing it, the zipper kept bending, so it needed a new zip. I couldn't remove the old one so stitched new to it and didn't have one long enough so now it has two zips and double layer teeth.... totally unique! 
Having just spent money on a full service for my sewing machine, I didn't treat it with much respect shoving this lot through it, but so pleased it did the job. 

Friday R and the dog have moved in for a week. R gets to use the new sofa bed. The dog does like snuggling up close. 

Next week is Hubby's birthday and he says he doesn't want or need anything, hmmmmmm I can't not give him a present but what? 
That's about it for another week, stay warm.
.

No comments: