Saturday 21 January 2023

Is it 2:30?........

 
I'd had the bottom half of a broken tooth near the back at the bottom of my mouth for quite a few years, but as it didn't hurt or clog with food I told the dentist just to leave it. Probably worth mentioning I really hate going to the dentist as I have a very strong gag reflex so when her hands are in my mouth I sometimes panic. I always go for my checkups but the sooner I'm in and out of that chair the better! 
Early last week that bit of tooth worked its way loose and came out! Reminded me of losing my milk teeth how you play with it with your tongue and then give it a final wiggle till it's in your hand. It wasn't painful at all. 
A few days after that the tooth furthest back at the top was painful but only for a day or two, one dose of paracetamol, using plenty of the toothpaste for sensitive teeth and eating on the other side and it sort of stopped being anything more than a little uncomfortable. 
Saturday about a third of that top back tooth broke away! Amazingly the remainder of the tooth no longer feels uncomfortable! So do I need to make a dental appointment now or wait until my next checkup (which isn't till mid March)?

Apparently the third Monday of January is called Blue Monday, referring to it being post festivities and bad weather etc causing depression! Well in this house we have Brew Mondays as it's coffee morning full of chat and companionship. 

Tuesday night and with friendL and friendS we went to the panto. We were all winter wrapped up as the forecast was a drop to  -2°C possibly colder. 
I don't really like panto in general. Very old very corny jokes do not make me laugh. I used to like taking the children and watching them enjoy it did give me pleasure though, so I've sat through a few although my own children outgrew them very quickly. It was friendL's idea as she loves them and friendS had never been before and was keen. 
This was a rock and roll panto and was full of really good musicians and all the cast had great voices and it was a constant flow of musical numbers. They all put so much energy into it. I don't mind rude jokes at all but the "dame" was totally over the top with smut that I was a bit worried for the children in the audience. Maybe I'm more of a prude than I thought. 
FriendL stayed excited right through and still giggled while driving us home. FriendS said she enjoyed it "but wasn't it loud!" 
I still don't really like panto. 

After the first long bag I made from the old airbed (see last week's post)  which worked but wasn't totally suitable for what O needed, I had another go! This one I lined, put in a zip (argghh) gave it side handles and a shoulder strap!   
Certainly not the neatest sewing but I'm pleased with the end result. 

When Daughter came to swap her car for mine (her's going for a service) she said that she'd also had serious tooth pain and needed an urgent dentist appointment. Hubby had toothache briefly this week too! Have they changed what's in our water? Will we all be reduced to soup meals soon! 

We managed our Wednesday gang night out this week. FriendM had been away for the last two Wednesdays and she's away again for the next two so it was good to catch up this week.

Bad photo but quite yummy apple cake with our apples from the freezer and some leftover Christmas mincemeat stirred in.  

Hubby hasn't done much in the loft this week as it's been too cold up there to work and he doesn't want all that cold coming down into the house. No rush but he gets the figits when he's hindered. 

Q - When is the best time to see the dentist? 
A - 2:30  (tooth hurty) 😂😖🤭
After that very silly joke I'll say cheerio for this week.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That bag is amazing. So impressed with your creativity.

Hope tooth still not hurting. I'd have asked the dental surgery. Grr to tooth issues though. x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks, impressed myself with that bag.
No tooth pain at all and eating is fine too.