Saturday 28 January 2023

Everything Takes Time.........

 
Gosh already Thursday and I hadn't started this post yet, usually that's because nothing worth writing about has happened but this week a couple of things have (don't get excited you'll be disappointed) but two things keep stopping me. Firstly I've been recommended a book I really must read, but I need to finish the book I'm half way through before I start it. Secondly our Internet keeps dropping out, not for long periods because the provider has a problem, but lots of very short hiccups for no apparent reason and very frustrating! 

If you are interested in what books, the one I'm reading is the third in Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club series, The Bullet That Missed. I'm totally invested in his main characters with plots that are ridiculously hilarious but sort of believable. 

Now downloaded and ready on my kindle is The Last House on the Street by Diane Chamberlain. I'll let you know about that when I eventually get to it. Told I must read it by two friends when we were six of us out to dinner Tuesday evening. 

Tuesday didn't actually go to plan. The plan was as friendKW needed Hubby's help on his laptop he would come with his wife, friendLW, in the afternoon then after the fix we'd go out to the pub for dinner. We haven't seen friendsL&M for ages (mutual friends of course) so they were coming too. Both couples were delayed, one by an earlier funeral and the other by last minute grandparent duties. Eventually all here and enjoying tea and cake. Laptop fix was easy apparently. Pub booked for 6pm so a three car convoy just 10 minutes before. Pub was busy and obviously short staffed as our crazy waitress was doing far too many tables. 
To cut a very long story a bit shorter let's just say there were incredibly long delays at all points of service, there was over zealous allergy scrutiny which ended in friendLW having inedible fish and considering we booked for 6pm as they all live a fair distance (we would normally meet half way) we didn't leave until 10pm. Glad they'd all had cakes earlier and thankfully with this gang we always do a lot of laughing! 

Dog sitting for the day when Son and fiancé had a day in London. She's a little cutie. 
Hubby has had two light bulb replacements to do, one on my car's brake light and the other for Daughter on her car's headlight. Plus he's still up in the loft, think he's done about 75% now. Not all done at the same time of course. 

I need to now be thinking about what to get Hubby for his birthday which is just a couple of weeks away. I'm also starting to think about the Royal Coronation in May as we will definitely have to have our usual street party, thinking now as Hubby and I are on holiday just before getting home with just four days to spare. Guess I'll need to recruit a committee! 

Enjoy your week ahead, stay warm and try to avoid the horrid virus that's doing the rounds at the moment.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've only just read the first Thursday Murder Club book. It was good and will be reading the next.

We went to RNLI for lunch on Sunday and they were so short staffed they couldn't do drinks to table so we had to go to bar and collect. which wasn't a problem for us but the bar is up a long winding staircase so intimidated a few diners who stuck to just water, other than one table that just bought a couple of bottles of wine, far easier than glasses of wine (glassware was on tables).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Wouldn't have managed bringing hot drinks down that staircase, I'd have stuck to water too!