Saturday 1 October 2022

L'Shana Tova..........

 
Sunday was the start of the the Jewish New Year of 5783.
Wishing anyone who celebrated and/or fasted a good year ahead.

On the same day as City Fibre arrived in our Close with their barriers, lorry, trailer and diggers, to dig up the pavements and lay their cables.....
....Hubby had his top soil order arrive on a big lorry needing to get up the close. Amazed the driver managed it. (Rubbish photo but the sun was full on the window).
And even though Son said he'd be over the following morning to help, Hubby couldn't stop himself from creating a ramp and moving the first bag in wheelbarrow loads from the drive around to the back. 
He went out again in the afternoon to clear a second bag. It did mean when Son came I got more chatting time as they moved the other two bags really quickly. 

Now we get to Monday!  
Barriers are up for nearly three quarters of the Close, right up to our drive and across it. Some neighbours checked if we were having coffee morning, but as it's so noisy and dusty out there we said it wasn't a good idea, had we not had grandchildren and dog here I would have invited them up here. Thankfully the barriers are mostly movable unless there's already a big hole! 
Both Hubby and neighbourA went out, in the rain, to check we could get off our drive. NeighbourA left home just after 8am. Barriers went back. 
     Then Hubby had to take R to work at 9:15am so barriers were moved, but it wasn't easy maneuvering around all their equipment so when Hubby came back he left the car parked in the road at the bottom of ours. 
     I was going out to meet a friend for lunch so Hubby and I struggled just walking around the barriers, over holes and cables and across neighbours' gardens, so I could walk down to collect my car, and I headed to Felixstowe.      My friendM and I had a lovely lunch out, this was my late birthday present as she'd been away, she chose a great seafood restaurant miles away so an hour drive there and back but worth it. 
     When we arrived back to Felixstowe we had seen the road back to Ipswich was jammed so bad, so I took various minor roads to avoid it but still hit the totally grid locked town centre when almost home, so my usual 20min drive took me more than two hours and it was raining a lot of the time. Finally back in my Close and I had to make them move all the barriers so I could get my car home. 
     Meanwhile O needed to be in Colchester 5.30pm till 7.30pm, Hubby was happy to take him and arranged to go to Son's in between. They moved all the barriers to get his car out. 
     I phoned him when I was in my jam and he said he couldn't get hold of R to see when she'll be home from work as she doesn't have a key, so sent her a message to say he was leaving the patio door unlocked and bravely left the dog alone for the first time here. 
     I finally got home just after 5:30pm (desperate for the loo), R had only been home a short while and said the dog had been fine. 
     Just as I'd managed to get my clutch foot pain-free Hubby called saying he was now stuck in traffic in Colchester! Found out later that O was just 10 mins late arriving which wasn't a problem. 
     I then got a call from the doctors receptionist to say they want to discuss my latest blood test so a doctor will call tomorrow. 
     Glad I made dinner first thing this morning, carbonara followed by apple strudel requested by O,
so I know O and Hubby had eaten and I could heat it for R (and a little for me) without any more effort! 
Did you nod off half way through reading this? 

Doctor did call and said although some blood results are outside the preferred range he had now checked my history and it seems this is normal for me so no action needed. Actually that's what I expected. 

Hubby and I have both had another covid booster jab, this time moderna (all previous ones were Pfizer), neither of us had side effects apart from a bruised arm which was great. 

Had a good catchup lunch with friendsR&S. Their second son got married recently in Italy and they had lots of photos to share. Only downside was I noticed they had chocolate brownie on the dessert menu as standard or small potion so I ordered the small portion, it arrived and looked lovely but it was rock hard and very dry, so they got it back and told to remove it from the bill. 

While the Jewish calender starts a new year, today the Gregorian calender starts a new month. Happy October everyone. 
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year!

We had beigels in Brick Lane last Saturday. Now I can't eat bagels any more :-(.

Marcus has been sent a form letter telling him not to contact the surgery about the covid booster he is entitled to and they will contact him. They have found the time and cash to go through a rebranding exercise though. Sigh.

And I love my automatic car. Knee so much happier.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Beigels v bagels no contest hahaha, although Warburton bagel thins are quite nice toasted.
Marcus should be able to go onto the government covid website and book his own booster without going through your surgery.
Pleased your knee is happier.