Saturday 26 February 2022

Definitely a Challenge........


I just wanted to give E a nice surprise. She now has her very first independent home, a flat rental that she got the keys for on Friday. Hopefully her boyfriend will join her by the end of the month. Saturday she was in the flat and Daughter and O drove down with a car full of all her stuff. So I ordered a card, a bottle of bubbly and a plant to be delivered on Saturday. 

By the end of Saturday and after lots of messages back and forth with me Daughter and E, I was cross. Sunday morning I sent this which explains why......

Dear Moonpig
     As you can see below I placed an order for three items to be delivered yesterday, Saturday 19th Feb.
     My Granddaughter moved in that day to her first independent home 230 miles away so I couldn't be there for her in person. 
     My order was split with part delivery by Yodel and part by Royal Mail. 
The plant was delivered by Yodel but as it wasn't with the rest she had no idea who sent it. Eventually when I checked the Royal Mail tracking it said "Recipient not at address. Returned to sender".  
     My Granddaughter had obviously popped out just at the wrong time, however there was no failed delivery note put through her door, no attempt to leave it with a neighbour or even to leave it at the post office directly opposite. I cannot contact the local sorting office as they are closed on a Sunday and she works full time so can't be home for another delivery for the whole week.
     Please let me know how we can resolve this. 

I got quite a quick reply, saying how sorry they were, they've resent the order to be delivered on Monday! Of course I replied immediately to remind them that I'd already said she's not there as she works full time. I then asked if they could send to a different address (her dad's) but apparently now dispatched so too late to change anything. Then I received the Royal Mail email with tracking link, so I forwarded that to E for her to change the delivery options, but that forward bounced, twice, saying it was spam! Finally got the information to E by just sending the tracking url and not the whole email. She will collect from the very nearby post office. Monday had the email to say parcel ready for collection, bring ID and the email..... finally got that email to E (servers really don't like forwarding the Royal Mail image).  5pm text from E she had collected and seemed pleased with what I'd sent. Phew! 

As people are still clearing up after Storm Dudley last Wednesday quickly followed by Storm Eunice last Friday Sunday/Monday we have Storm Franklin which will be followed by Storm Gladys but I don't know when they are just saying soon. So that could be four named storms in very quick succession, I've never heard of that before especially affecting the South East! It was sunny but so windy Monday morning we didn't manage coffee morning. 

Tuesday O and the dog were here for the day which was lovely, haven't had O to myself for ages. 
 
I've been booked onto a Diabetic Prevention scheme following a blood test last August which showed me as only just on the border line for pre-diabetes. I've just had the 40 minute phone call for initial assessment and now there follows regular onscreen hour long group sessions that goes on to November and possibly beyond. I've requested another blood test as it may have all changed since last August!  For now I'll see what it's all about as I've nothing much else to do. 

Thursday we were told by Boris we have to "live with covid" as all isolation, mask wearing, compulsory testing, track and trace, covid passport requests, etc have been lifted. Lots of advice though to stay cautious and take personal responsibility which of course Hubby and I definitely will. 

Also on Thursday Putin declared Russia is now at war with Ukrain, to invade and take it as their own! There are many wars around the world, far too many, but this one seems to have further reaching consequences and people here sound worried. 

And my next challenge is to find happier things to report on and provide some lovely photos but that will have to be for next week.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So frustrating! Glad it got sorted in the end.

We're still staying cautious. Though I collected some dragons from an Ebay seller on Monday and they are still exceedingly cautious due to mum isolating, leaving post in a box for 24hours before opening and still washing all groceries. On the plus side they had thoroughly cleaned and plastic bagged the dragons before listing them so they were thoroughly covid secure. Newly4yo and her 6yo sister were delighted with them yesterday :-).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

You are right, we mustn't undo all the sacrifices we've been making for two years and it's reassuring when those we choose to have contact with are cautious too. Dragons for St David's day perfect gift for little ones 👍🙂

Michelle said...

Ooh that is a good observation! Dragons for St David's Day :-)