Saturday 23 October 2021

Not All Moans........

 
Technology is wonderful....... when it works! 
So frustrating when it doesn't! 

Saturday morning the Hermes delivery man rang the doorbell, he had a parcel for next door and we are the default if he's not in. Our Hermes chap is so lovely and knows us all by name and takes great pride in customer service, always pleasant chat but brief as he has so many deliveries to make in the shortest time possible. However this time his gadget wouldn't work. He has to have a photo of the parcel barcode with our doorstep or shoe and upload it to their system as proof of delivery. It took two full reboots and a lovely long conversation before he could shoot off.

Saturday evening I took my phone out of my pocket to see if it needed plugging in and that's when I noticed two WhatsApp messages and a text I'd missed from noon. They were from Daughter who was going to visit but getting no reply assumed we were out. My phone had failed to make the usual sounds grrrrrrrr

We have a printer and it's on our WiFi network, however, when it goes to sleep it's always a nightmare getting it to wake up (yes the printer is asleep and I'm the one having the nightmare).

On a much brighter note O and the dog spent a day here. He's fun company who loves to play games with me plus he spent ages creating shapes with this magnet construction set. It's a very small set that we've had since Son was a child. Now I think I'll add to it within this year's Christmas presents.

This came as shocking news this week. 
Thankfully Hubby and I had our booster this week but still not taking chances and masked most of the time we are out. 
Another job for Hubby when Daughter phoned to say that a whole run of coving had come down in their hallway. 

I was asked to do a little fix too, our NeighbourA brought in the church clock because when the sun shines on it the gold coloured hands can't be seen clearly, so he wanted them painted black. A little daunting as once you start it can't be cleaned off, however I was pleased with the result and so was NeighbourA. 

And now we have another busy but fun week of R and the dog living with us plus O comes for three days next week too. 

Have a good weekend.

No comments: