Saturday 16 October 2021

Chilly But Still Sunny............

 
Not the best start to this week as barely Saturday 4am during my usual bathroom trip, mostly with my eyes shut, all three middle toes on my right foot met, with conviction, my bedroom door frame!!! Well aware of Hubby still fast asleep I didn't scream out, made it to the bathroom and back, and even though I did manage to get back to sleep my foot throbbed. 

The day got better (even though my foot didn't) when we went to Son's to have a birthday lunch with him and Fiancé. 

Daughter and O came on Sunday for a long awaited visit. O had now almost got over his cough and cold so they no longer felt the need to keep their distance. Daughter brought with her a box for me from our lovely friendM It was a partly knitted project which I believe her mum had given up on. It's really lovely soft wool and isn't it a beautiful colour. I'm sure I can put it to good use. Thank you friendM 😍

You may remember, I certainly do, that during the second lockdown when the weather wasn't so good and Hubby spent too much time sitting in the lounge, he tried a new furniture layout and failed on finding a better layout to what we already have! At least the heavy stuff got a rare clean at the back. Well......... now the toilet makeover is almost finished (we are still waiting for the tiles we ordered) he's very keen to change the lounge again!!! This time he's thinking about knocking out the whole chimney breast, but thankfully I've got him measuring and transferring to paper to see what fits where rather than physically starting with the demolition

Both had our flu jabs this week. Not suffering too much, both had one restless night and both have achy arms. Hopefully will just be a distant memory when we have the Covid booster next week. 

M bought his first company car and true to all his beliefs on planet protection he bought all electric. 

And all too soon it's Saturday again! 
Hope you've had a good week.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

you could have broken your toes! My step mum broke a toe doing leg exercises, where you hold on the the door frame and move your leg back and forth, managed to crack her toe onto the bookcase. Not a lot you can do for a broken toe though.

Glad you like the wool. I thought if anyone could make use of it it would be you :-).

Knocking out chimneys seems to be a popular renovation project atm. Not much use for them anymore. Taking the whole lot out is best to maximise space (and give more room layout possibilities!) but obviously causes destruction through many areas of the house. Friends bought a victorian cottage many, many years back where they later found the chimney breast had been removed from the downstairs but not above so the entire chimney going through the bedroom and the roof above that were unsupported. Was a bit scary. They got it sorted fine thankfully :-).

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Going by the bruising, swelling, discomfort more than a week later and my past experience, I'm sure you are right that I've broken a toe or possibly all three. As you say nothing to do but give it time.

Thankfully he's changed his mind about the chimney breast and there have been various ideas since!