Saturday 31 July 2021

Making It Count.......

 
I've just added to this plain black t-shirt, but it's taken more than a year to brave doing it as my sewing machine was playing up. The inserts and cowel neck are from a cardigan that I never wore. 
The sewing machine objected when fabrics were just slightly overlapped with their edges almost under the needle, which is what I needed for a flat zigzag join. I tried all sorts of different things but nothing worked perfectly, so I compromised with laying kitchen paper under the fabrics and sewing through it all, the paper stopped the fabric edge getting caught in the hole under the needle and when it's done I could pull away most of the paper. Hopefully the tiny bits caught in the zigzag stitches will come away when the top is washed. Fingers crossed it doesn't then look like it does when a tissue has been forgotten in a pocket! 

A consequence of starting to go out more added to the warmer weather so no jumper needed is having to iron Hubby's tops and jeans. I can't believe I've managed to not iron anything for the last 16 months! 

SERVSC bloodrunners are now getting back to fundraising activities and on their stand there is always a teddy tombola. They are really lucky to have soft toys constantly donated by the bin bag full. However the member who had tirelessly washed and brushed them all to make sure they were clean can no longer do it. So some of them found their way here as there's another event this weekend.  Into the washing machine...
Hanging up in the shed to dry as it kept raining. 
And on a clothes horse. 
And plenty more waiting. 

Daughter is away working all this weekend so kindly gifted the heap of new potatoes from her veg box. I'm supermarket spoilt and haven't scrubbed potatoes in years! 

That's about it for this week, just hoping the weather isn't too unkind for Hubby's two day fundraiser or for Daughter at the Oyster Fair and sleeping in her little tent. 
Stay safe.

No comments: