Saturday 24 July 2021

Feeling Hot Hot Hot........

 
Phew what a scorcher last weekend was and forecast the same for the rest of the week. I tried not to do too much, just pottering when needed then finding a cool spot to sit and knit, sew or online stuff. 
I did make a cake as we had a couple of squishy bananas to use up. 

Meanwhile, Hubby and a small group of the bloodrunners gang had a two day fundraising event. Thankfully they were given a pitch big enough to put up two gazebos so they had enough shade when needed. 

There's been plenty of time for sitting outside and I'm always pleased we thought to have a roof extended over a part of our patio so there's always shade. Not a bad view too at this time of year. 

O decided he needed a games fest, they played them all plus two others after these. 

Having been postponed and rearranged we managed our Florida Club lunch. As I've mentioned before friendsL&K love sharing their part- time Florida home with their friends although never all at the same time, so when we are all back in the UK it's great to get together. Hilarious time had by all (helps that we're all a bit crazy! 
There's an overlap in these photos, there were 12 of us in total. 
We went to The Square and Compasses.co.uk/ as we'd been there before and knew the food was all fresh home cooked and delicious. When friendsL&K phoned to book they discovered that we could have our own function room which was brilliant and definitely better for their other customers as we get quite loud. 

I'd had one other lunch date postponed this week but definitely enjoying seeing friends again and now we are driving off to Canvey Island to visit my nephew and his wife, last seen two years ago but we've not seen their new house so I'll insist on a full guided tour.

Thunderstorms forecast for the whole weekend so I hope you can keep yourselves dry and always keep yourselves safe.

10pm END NOTE: apologies, we were invited out today and left home early, now it's late evening and I've just realised that I didn't actually publish this post before we went like I thought I had! Better late than never eh?  xx

2 comments:

Michelle said...

lovely looking social time! and the sewing is interesting.

I think your roofed area is great and far cooler than a fabric awning type arrangement.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Sewing is another night t-shirt with a different pattern of sashiko stitching over the patches.