Saturday 19 June 2021

Oops.........

 
We have been using my tablet every Thursday to join zoom with Daughter&co for the evening Jay's Virtual Pub Quiz, it has worked fine since March 2020 until two weeks ago when they couldn't hear me so fiddle fiddle with it as you do then I rapidly switched to my phone before the quiz started. Hubby and I played with the tablet afterwards and came to the conclusion it must be a broken microphone.  Last Thursday Hubby tried zooming with his laptop and caused all sorts of voice delays and feedback squeeling so I rapidly switched to my phone. On closer inspection today (that was last Saturday) Hubby found the most recent system update was two weeks ago and possibly the cause of the problem..... thankfully another full system update cured the problem! 

While testing the repaired tablet we were video calling each other but getting too much feedback so I stepped out of the French doors into the garden, all worked fine. So I stepped back in, unfortunately just as I lifted my foot over the raised door frame my slipper slipped a bit and caught the frame and next I'm sprawled across the lounge carpet with Hubby running to the rescue. Thankfully I was coming in and not out onto concrete but still going to be bruised and achy for a few days. 

I finished knitting the jumper and I'm really pleased with the design. Unfortunately it's come up too small for me but Daughter loves it so it will head to her when I've sewn in all the colour change ends. She tried it on and I don't even need to lengthen the sleeves, as nobody has as short a reach as I do except my lovely Daughter. 

As you know Boris has now delayed the full unlocking from the previously roadmapped 12 June to the 19th July. Personally I think it's the right thing to do but disappointed at the few things we had in the diary and looking forward to that have had to change. The "Florida Club" lunch for 10 of us booked for the 15th has now moved to the 22nd so not too bad. Hubby and I had to cancel ourselves out from meeting three couples (on holiday together near us) for one evening meal on the 6th as that would make an illegal group of eight. And most disappointing is one of my oldest friends having to cancel her 70th birthday celebration dinner on the 29th June, she'd only invited about 20 ladies but inside a posh restaurant, so now to split into tables of no more than six, very spaced apart with no communication really allowed between tables or even to transfer the whole thing to any other day that wasn't her actual birthday made her say to me "I haven't rang the restaurant yet but guess I'll just cancel". My disappointments are so minor compared to so many others but we can't undo all the sacrifices we've all made for the last 16 months! 

Beautiful lilies open on the pond, shame we have to view it all through the heron proof net. 

Oh there were very heavy storms Wednesday night as forecast, so heavy the beautiful blooms on the rose have gone even though they are mostly under a roof! They are heavy and never last long anyway and hopefully it will bloom again soon. 

Daughter, E and O headed back to Tudor times Friday morning to next Sunday so as usual on Thursday R and the dog moved in here. Quiz night was just the three of us this time and thankfully we didn't shame ourselves with a respectable 41 out of 50.

I  am often accused of being a bit of a keeper of stuff long after some think it should be cleared out, but sometimes my old collection comes in very handy. Friday R had an appointment and it was pouring with rain but she hadn't packed anything warmer than a t-shirt. Anything of mine or Hubby's would drown her tiny frame but Daughter's concert jacket that's about 25 years old fitted perfectly. 

Today Hubby was pleased to have a whole dry morning so another bike ride, meanwhile I was in the craft room sorting a pattern that needs tweeking and wools to hopefully make a start on the next knitting project. Dog is on guard at the window and R is still in bed of course. 

Enjoy whatever you are up to and stay safe.

No comments: