Saturday 18 July 2020

I'm Still Shielding (week 18)......


Saturday 11th July
Last post ended as this post starts with this morning's visitors 😊 so worth sharing twice! 

I had a really long catchup phone call with friendN, I've been trying to get hold of her for days. Turns out they no longer use their land line but it's still connected for the broadband, so I can hear it ringing but they can't doh! Mobiles only in future. So finally getting together I wasn't going to cut it short and dinner ended up a quick one out of the freezer and our Sunday roast was on Monday. Don't think he noticed 😉

This programme was a suggestion from our Son. Good to have a story line that's very different and makes you think. A six part drama The Capture.  We both enjoyed it and hadn't guessed all the twists and turns. 

I saw this advertised and thought it perfect for our kitchen sink as the tap there could do with some help. It swivels so the spray can be directed around the sink. I know nothing of plumbing so sent the link to Hubby and he just said if I want it he'll get it, bless him eh? 
 Well it arrived, and doesn't fit the tap we have! 
 But rather than being cross with himself for not checking the details first he's now happy to have another DIY project! So now he's hunted everywhere for an adapter that he knows he has and feels he's seen quite recently, but doesn't know where! Garage cupboards and drawers, multiple tool boxes, two of the three sheds, and all the cupboards in the house, no luck. He even started looking online to change the taps completely. He's settled for ordering another adapter. 

I've managed to save two items of my clothing from the charity shop bag. The shirt was a bit too snug to button up any more and this lacy top was given to me by my lovely friendL, it had never been worn as it wasn't a good fit for her but she'd not got round to sending it back. It wasn't a good fit for me either but the front panel of one made the perfect insert to the other. 

The rest is just the usual pottering around and chatting with friends who are venturing out and sharing their horror stories of what other people are not doing that they should. Which reminded me of the first bit of advice from my first driving instructor..."you have to assume that everyone else is an idiot so you have to be extra careful".
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd ordered a tap attachment from Lakeland that did the swivel thing and also added air to the water flow such that it wouldn't splash so much. It didn't fit either and it ended up going to the charity shop (Lakeland refunded me but said to donate instead of returning). I have been contemplating new taps ever since but jobs like that usually end up becoming bigger and bigger as no doubt the tap would be impossible to remove from the granite or a leak would develop after installing the new tap. So the old tap remains in situ!

I don't have too many horror stories. I've generally felt safe and comfortable in town with the measures in place but admittedly not many people have been out and about at the same time I am. Haven't been back to Boots though since our experience there at the beginning of lockdown meant we didn't feel distancing and masks were being appropriately followed. I wouldn't suggest folks go out though if they have health concerns or are vulnerable. Or even just anxieties about it. My friend is too anxious to head anywhere yet, though is trying going to the gym on Thursday where it is supposed to be tightly controlled. I hope it goes well for her.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Doubt anything more will happen with the kitchen taps for a while as he's found two other projects to do hahaha