Saturday 4 April 2020

All Together in Isolation (part three)...........


Now Saturday 28th March.
We're very nearly out of milk! I've powder milk in the cupboard, in fact I used it for yesterday's cheese sauce, but Hubby won't have it in tea or on a cereal, and there's two days before the click and collect. So Hubby walked to our local Asda.

He said it was very well organised. As he'd got there so early (just before 8am) he was the next person to be let in, lots of spacing markers and arrows and all the staff in gloves and masks. So he was quick and felt minimal risks taken. The walk there and back was also his exercise. And once home he wiped everything down with anti-bac wipes.

Zoom! New app now installed on my tablet for our family chat with me, Hubby, Daughter, Son and O. All drinking tea and chatting after I heard both our children taking the mickey out of me getting confused how to set it all up. They also both told Hubby off for going out shopping at all (we know it's because they worry about us).

Today's afternoon TV was becoming very boring with old quiz shows and we've caught up on our recorded stuff, so our film choice was LION. I found it powerful and very moving (apart from Nichol Kidman's habit of mumbling)
Clocks went forward and hour, might have been more useful to put them forward six  months! 

And now we have sleety snow! At least a lot fewer people will want to go out in this.  

We both had haircuts today, I always do my own anyway and Hubby checks round the back and snips any bits I've missed. I do his normally too. So we are tidy enough to be seen out and about, which won't happen for quite some time. 

We should have been going to Spain (as three couples) at the end of April, so tonight was lots of online chat looking at dates and we've transferred the flights to mid-October. And if we are still not virus clear by then we'll have to change the dates again! 

It's Monday and Hubby went out at 8am to Sainsbury for our click and collect order. He said it was very well organised. Everything (including him) got the anti-bac wipes treatment before we put stuff away. Daughter popped round to collect the groceries we had for her and to give the dog a good run in the garden. Of course we all kept our distance (it really does upset me but we are so much luckier than most).
And the rest of the day was much the same as every other day has been and I'm ok with that, not bored, happy enough to potter about, life is simpler with much fewer choices, but also lack of enthusiasm for things I probably should be doing! 

Only highlight for Tuesday was my rhubarb crumble.........oops I'd meant to take a photo! 

1st of April (and buggar we didn't find out this virus was actually an early April fool's joke). 

Another manicure. I've lost one acrylic completely and lots of filing and buffing to smooth out the growth gap, hopefully with my newly learned 3-colour swirling technique it doesn't notice too much. 

Hubby is now gradually going around the windows scrubbing and poking with his knife all the white seals that have gone black in the corners and edges. Thursday morning he tackled the kitchen window, so all my jugs came off and I had to wash them all. Amazing how they never quite all fit back on when you know they've just come from there! 

Thursday night was busy fun too. Daughter suggested playing the Virtual Pub Quiz and with YouTube on the TV and Zoom on my tablet we had a team of seven with me and Hubby this end and Daughter, M and all three grandchildren in their house. Sadly Son was still working.

We had it all set up but just before the quiz started we joined many others around the UK to be outside "clapping for carers". Nice to wave to our neighbours too.

Then after the quiz and family farewells we watched the recorded Masterchef.
When Hubby had gone up to bed I then went to the theatre!

The National Theatre are streaming on YouTube a new play every Thursday and last night I laughed my way through One Man, Two Guvnors. A very late night to bed but worth it.

Friday and house smells of slightly burnt cake 😝, I completely forgot about them and they were in the oven an hour! 😲 Decorated to disguise! 👻 They should have looked like fluffy cranberry muffins 🤔 They'll be eaten anyway 😂


And now another Saturday! Another diary week of not much to write about. My 14th day of not leaving the house. Thankfully I'm not bored or lonely like so many and I haven't even wanted to kill Hubby yet! So I'll post this now and start writing the next thrilling instalment.......part four! 
.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love rhubarb crumble! Also milk running out is a constant concern but the village shop is well stocked - C even got duck eggs and shallots last time she went over for essentials. We are super vigilant with washing everything and our clothes when back. Today their card machine wasn't working so cash only - C got change in notes and we were pleased to be able to wash all change as well when back home. Plastic money has its advantages. If not I would have left it somewhere like the car with the view to not touch again for a week.

It's hard thinking this is how we will have to live for months yet.

Otherwise we are still well and content. All getting along (mostly - C gets frustrated sometimes, she has always liked being out and about). very grateful for lots of house space per person. Can't imagine being in a bedsit and no outside space at all to access.

Continue to take care of yourselves xxxxxx

PS going to Sainsbury's was such an adventure for C&me. We haven't repeated it but it too was well organised. I bet going to Asda was similarly a bit more exciting than normal.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes each small achievement counts with the list I'm grateful for.

Michelle said...

Bought rhubarb :-)

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Plant some this year and you'll not have to buy it again.