Sunday Son came over to admire the new car and go for a little ride in it. He came alone as fiancé hadn't been too well. The plan was for us to go over to see them, giving Hubby the drive and for me to have a ride too, but that was changed in the morning although we were still so pleased to see Son.
Inside for coffee morning this week so it seemed really noisy but think I'm so aware of E being asleep upstairs that I worry we've woken her.
For my regular blood test we park in a small shopping centre and a very short walk to the clinic. This week the car park was really busy so we circled it twice and waited for someone to leave. Once inside I was seen quickly which was good but the fact it stung when he took the blood and bled a little and bruised afterwards wasn't so good.
Blood test results come through quickly and I always phone Oncology to ask for my next prescription and for them to put another request on the system for my next test. This time I also asked if anyone had looked at my Scan results which I had received over a week before and nobody has told me if that changes anything for me. The nurse rang me, said she will speak to the consultant and call me back..... that was Tuesday late afternoon and so far she hasn't called back.
FriendM and I met up again with friendJ for lunch at The Belstead Brook Hotel. Sadly friendJ had recently been told there is no more the hospital can do for her cancer and withdrawn treatment. Very sad but she's staying positive and trying alternatives that have been recommended to her, I wasn't convinced but as she said "I've nothing to lose".
We can always borrow a carpet shampooer from M but that turns it into a big job, doing large areas each time to make it worth the borrow so I bought the Deawoo Stairmaster which is the handheld cordless spot and stairs cleaner. When I discovered after spraying solution the attached brush is used with your own arm power and it's only switched on to suck up the liquid I was disappointed as it seemed no better than a manual scrub! Then when Hubby emptied it and the water was filthy I thought maybe it will have been worth the spend. Later when E told us she had been woken up when someone nearby was using what she thought was a strimmer I had to confess that it was possibly us on the sucking up bit.
Wednesday was the booking for groundwork for the electric car charger, however Hubby didn't have contact details and no idea what time they were coming. Eventually he arrived and we discovered for here in Suffolk the company had booked their chap who lives in Monmouth about four hours drive each way!
It took him about 90 minutes of very noisy concrete drilling then he drove home, knowing he had to come back to Lowestoft in two days time. No wonder the company charge us customers so much.
Nice neat job though. Us six were out together as usual Wednesday evening, it was open mic night at the pub and the room was full with standing room only. Thankfully friendM had pre-booked our table and we managed to squeeze in another chair when another friend turned up. It was so noisy that conversation was almost impossible so no choice but to listen to the performers (some good and some really not good).
Thursday it was 8am when the guy arrived to install the charger. This involved lots of drilling on and off for four hours! Poor E was my constant thought.
Glad it's all over and hoping for some quiet time, and so is E who complained the constant vibrations of the drilling really went through her as she was lying in bed.
Hubby had to visit the dentist and have a cap fitted to a back tooth (thankfully no drilling) all went well. When he got back and the installation guy had finished and done his paperwork and left we both sat down and heard a crash, Hubby had a look round but couldn't see anything.
When E came down she noticed our ceramic wall clock had fallen and completely broken into pieces. I managed to find a photo of what it had looked like.
Lovely visit from Daughter and the dog Thursday afternoon when they walked over.
E thinks it must have been the recent drilling vibrations that caused it to fall. I was quite upset as it had been a gift from Daughter when as a teenager she had toured Hungary with the Suffolk Youth Wind Band and it had been on my wall ever since, about 30 years.
Lovely visit from Daughter and the dog Thursday afternoon when they walked over.
It turned out really warm and sunny when friendKK and I had our day out, it was also quite a while in the car which is good catchup chat time.
We decided to go into Bury St Edmunds.
Parked and walked to KK's first choice stop The Nutshell which is the smallest public house in the UK.
This photo is the entire pub and if you can zoom lots to see what's written in the frame just above KK's head it says so.
We did have some car park issues, where to eat lunch issues, getting lost because of diversions issues and not finding a tea and cake venue open issue but we had a really good day and have already reserved another date together before we both get too busy. At the moment no weekend plans but you never know!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment