Saturday 7 October 2023

A Long Care List.......

 
30th September forty years ago we moved into this house with our two children, Daughter at four years old and Son ten days away from his third birthday. I love this house and the forever family home we have made. 

NephewE and his wifeN came for a lovely all day visit and brought these flowers, so good to catch up. They were here for lunch and dinner with dinner being timed for football half time as E has always been a strong Tottenham supporter and their game against Liverpool was on TV (everything is allowed for family). Tottenham won (only cos of a last second Liverpool home goal) so NephewE went home happy. 

I'm sitting down very carefully each time just now, no it's not a sore bum or any other physical problem.... I've broken my sofa. My side of the sofa made a nasty clunk the other day and now it creaks and groans every time I sit or move around. After close inspection Hubby said it's safe to sit on as there are four big springs underneath and only one has broken. He's phoned the company and sent them photos so fingers crossed it gets fixed before I do any more damage. 

I've always believed in counting my blessings and never more so than this week as thankfully we are all OK but I've heard about seven people I care about who are going through a medical trauma, had a nasty accident or suffered a bereavement, and it's only Tuesday. Life can be so cruel. 

We had two nights out, Wednesday the usual six of us in the usual places. Thursday should have been girls night out for five but another friend is unwell so I drove instead of being driven and the four of us had a good meal and a good laugh. Hubby was out Thursday night too for a pool team practice night and I got home before he did. 

Friday morning Hubby enjoyed a long lie in getting up at nearly 9am (very rare) had a cuppa then he went out grocery shopping. Relaxing afterwards when it was all put away he suggested doing the online quiz we missed Thursday. We've been doing this quiz since it started at the start of the pandemic and only missed a few so it does feel odd when we don't. 

And that's it for another week. Hope you're well?
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm getting better...

Been ill all week, with Clo's cold she brought back from a flight to Scotland. Was not very friendly to my friend who came to use the house on Monday :-(. She's going through an unpleasant divorce so uses our house for calls/emails etc, I'd left the door unlocked and sent text to tell her I'd gone back to bed so to just come in but she didn't see my text so knocked and got me out of bed. I was grumpy. I immediately apologised and she was fine about it but I do feel bad. I don't seem to manage keeping colds off my chest at all any more and so have been struggling with cough and then painful and irregular voice on Wednesday. Since then it hasn't been painful to speak but my voice is bizarre! Did manage to get out yesterday. I don't do well at home all the time.

Hardly worth all those words complaining about it though! It is 'just' a cold (tested negative for covid).

And my knee still hurts from the dog attack last month. And the other knee still hurts when I kneel on it from the GoOutdoors accident in August!

But all recoverable from!

Knees up Mother Brown!

And I reckon you've been secretly bouncing on that sofa!

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Yes you definitely qualify to be added to my ever growing list of people I care about who are poorly. Get well soon xxx