Saturday 21 August 2021

Crumbs.........

 
Last weekend for me was quite uneventful. Hubby was on another fundraiser on Saturday and Sunday R started teaching me "Devil/Flower sticks". (Sorry R that's not a good photo of you) She's really good at it and patient with me as a complete beginner with very limited hand-eye coordination. The rest was mostly knitting as I'm so nearly finished my latest garment. Hopefully there will be a finished photo before I hit publish on this post on Saturday. 

Sunday following the CCC end of term BBQ social, M and O called in with leftover muffins for us to use up. 😋

Monday Hubby made a start on painting the toilet and the guy, who is doing the plumbing and floor, came round to take measurements and discuss stuff (I left them to it). Then for dinner we had all the leftover Chinese that I'd frozen from my birthday dinner mmmmm.

Tuesday, even though there was a light drizzle, the men got together for a bike ride. 

In the afternoon we went to Glasswells and ordered the floor tiles which should be ready to collect in about a week. We are not having the grout lines or little pattern pieces, toilet is far too small for silly bits. 

Arrgggg!!! finished my knitting and tried it on and the collar kept rolling and the bottom border was all wavy. So Wednesday was spent mostly undoing both and starting them again! 

Quiz night for just the three of us. Better than last week with a score of 37.

Yet another Cystoscopy Friday morning, all clear and he's happy to do the next one in six months! He did give me the option if I wanted only three months or leave it at six but if I'm worried at all before then to phone through and they'll make an earlier appointment. I'm being very well looked after. 
At noon we met friendsR&S for lunch, lovely friends of over 30 years and great to see them. FriendR said it was his turn to pay so they chose Milsomes which are a chain but if you haven't any near you they are the more expensive upmarket bistro style. Drinks arrived quickly but food took ages.  FriendR and Hubby both had good meals I had burgers both over done and hard round the edges but OK, friendS's steak she didn't eat and said it was really tough. They did take it off the bill but disappointing. 

And finally the crumb-cardi is finished. Using only the leftover odds and ends of wool that I have. The buttons I made from potato, cut and thoroughly air dried then painted with nail varnish that was already here for years. So cost nothing but my time. 

Today Hubby is on another fundraiser. R will be in bed for another couple of hours. I've fed the dog and fed the fish in the pond so I'm off to look for what to knit next. Have a good week.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd forgotten about the potato jewellery! The buttons are great, as is the cardi xx

and delighted about your latest results xxxxxx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thank you xxx