Sunday 25 August 2019

My Way (#15 )........



Over the years I seem to have developed some very definite ways of doing things and usually it's for a very good reason, HOWEVER this is a new one for me, so I thought I'd share. 

When I'm in the shower with big plastic bottles and soapy hands I found my grip was rubbish and bottles kept slipping out of my hand.

So first I looked through all the saved dispensers and pumps that I've washed and kept, but I had nothing that fitted.

Next onto online shopping and found pumps, but soon discovered there is no standard neck size to the bottles I have.
Seems the alternative is to buy new bottles with pumps and decant what we use then label each bottle and maybe colour code the labels so you can squint with soapy eyes and still dispense the right product........guess what, the cost and effort to buy more plastic to replace plastic is not helping the planet or my moral standards, so I'm not going there! 

So, I wrapped an elastic band around each bottle, making a good grip and I'm no longer dropping them, job done


What's your way?
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good idea! I have a shelf so don't need to pick up from the floor and don't seem to have a problem. Not that I shower that frequently, preferring baths. But will try and remember your clever solution should I have issues in the future.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Didn't want to drill into the tiles to put up a shelf and suction cups never stayed up long so left them on the floor!