Sunday 20 January 2019

New year is all medical.......


Starting with an update on me, 14th Jan was the repeat op which thankfully went to plan and although a very long day I did get home at 10:30pm and sleep in my own bed yaay! So I didn't even need the two new nightdresses I bought and let hubby wrap as Christmas presents.  Now it's waiting for the biopsy report, which gets discussed at the big meeting and they will tell me what's next. My surgeon said he's recommending the internal chemo once a week for six weeks which is a strong preventative of new tumours growing. Only side effect of surgery I seem to have been left with is the very tip of my tongue is numb which nobody seems to have an answer for. My theory is it has to be some sort of nerve damage caused by intubation, but I can live with it.

Just now there are so many unwell people that I care and worry about....

AF - has been in hospital since early December, he already has diabetes and blood cancer and then developed lung disease. He's hoping to get home very soon but will need a bed downstairs, home-care help and a permanent supply of oxygen. 😔

This winter had seen so many people with the cold or flu ending with a dreadful cough that is persistent and draining.
ML - is now buying Tena lady because of the horrid cough. 😔

PP - seems to have some sort of IBS problem but is avoiding going to a doctor.  😔

MC - has just had spinal surgery this week, home now but in a lot of pain.  😔

LW - is suffering through another back spasm that is taking far too long to ease up.  😔

RC - had the planned knee replacement-replacement surgery also this week. He has really been poorly since which they think is a combination of the anesthetic and strong pain relief. This also means that PC is really worried, not sleeping or eating properly.  😔

SM - has had a blocked ear since Christmas (recurrent problem) and the olive oil isn't shifting it, so now I'm nudging her to see her gp again.  😔

RA - phoned yesterday for Hubby's help as he has lost the use of his legs, which we hope is temporary but haven't got details. Hubby needs to sort out his access gates or he can't get out with the borrowed mobility scooter. His wife SA has also been really poorly to the point of calling out paramedics. 😔

ET - is still doing dialysis three times a day at home and desperately waiting for a kidney transplant. 😔

AM - is part way through prostate cancer treatment. 😔

So count your blessings every day and don't waste any time you are fit and able to live well and have fun.
.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Gosh, what a lot of people to care about. And, you're right, blessings are to be counted.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Ellen, I said much the same to your last post but it may have gone into your spam folder.

Michelle said...

That is a long list :-(. I m glad you didn't have to stay in overnight and the 6 weeks of chemo pass quickly for you xx

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Michelle. A scary long list that seemed to build all of a sudden. Hoping they all recover quickly and 2019 is healthier for everyone (including me).